Chapter 3

Introducing....

Banton( the bad chef)

____________________________________________

This year christmas breeze seems to come early. I tremble, snuggling the white towel closer to my body and making my way inside of my room. I don't know what's wrong with mummy, this house could have been all concrete structure with an inside bathroom but she don't want prezii money to put her up. A satisfying smile form on my lips as I slide inside my room, close the door and the warmth of my room engulf my body. It is the only concrete part on the house and it is much warmer than the others.

I just feel the urge to go watch Brandon on the ball field and to meet up with Monique too. Because she has been working some extra shift at her call center job, we haven't spend time together just WhatsApp messages. Since the evening is so chilly, I plan to wear a camouflage joggers, a white long sleeve sweat shirt and my pair of white crocs. I then brush in the "18" water wave frontal I have on and wrap it up into a high ponytail.

(Outfits above)

Grabbing my phone and some money, I alert mummy that I am going on the road and she wave me off. Sometimes this woman just irk my spirit with her feisty ways and attitude. Monique and I meet up at the cook shop infront of the ball ground and from there I can see Brandon playing on the field.

"Banton! sell me two $650 chicken and chips leg and wing"... I pause for Monique to order her's.

"Rib and thigh fimi Banton!" Monique yell enough for him to hear.

"Ariite" Him answer.

We walk to the side of the shop where he have some bench made of bamboo, we sit there watching the boys on the playing.

"How you deh a yard from mawning and come a buy chicken and chips?" Monique asks typing away on her phone.

"Kmt mummy she cook soup and she know me nah eat that then a come talk bout true me have man wid money, me a gwaan like me better than her soup" I complain to Monique.

"Weh ya sa?" Monique burst into fit of laughter. "Hey"... she couldn't even control her laughter which become contagious. "No limit Ms. Bev no have" she laugh some more.

"The woman hate prezii with a passion girl, me ears dem nuh get a break from she find out bout we" I say after her laughing die down.

"Me know ma- bomboclaat... gyal a wah crawb up you neck so?" She asks with excitement.

I feel so embarass, I pull up my shirt to cover it but the shirt couldn't hide it all. Banton carry our food to us and we order two tropical rhythm and all I'm trying to avoid answering Monique, she still press.

"Me no like how ya avoid me question Kayla, a wah gwan" she grumble before placing some of the fries in her mouth.

"Girl, todeh me and Shantel go town and you memba Rushawn weh graduate wid we?" I ask and have some of my food while I wait for her answer.

"Yes bleachout face Rushawn, him can't figet" she mumble with a piece of meat in her mouth.

"Yes him stop bleach now anyway you know when me and unu go out me lobe throw me bag pon unu. so Shantel have me bag with me phone while me a reason with rushawn when me look nuh prezii crown that drive up a me foot" I tell her, her head snap to my direction right away, her face expression indicates that I should continue.

"Him bad me up infront a Rushawn to enu, then the gyal Shantel ago tell me bout she answer me phone and tell prezii me busy and me soon call him bac-

"That rass gyal no sensible and me tired fi tell you but that no nth still if you just a talk to you friend." She shrug and continue her food.