Washing the Dishes

It was a pretty nice day outside and everyone had a day off from crime fighting. You were in your room, on your bed, and on your phone. You could smell the hamburgers that Tony and Steve were cooking for lunch for everyone. You could hear the sizzle from the kitchen and the light conversation From Tony and Steve. You smiled at the thought of two of the most well known avengers, the ones that get asked for the most pictures, the most interviews, are right now in aprons cooking together for the other avengers.

You started to hear footsteps coming down the hallway, then you heard Tony's booming voice echo through the hallways, "LUNCH TIME EVERYONE, WHO WANTS CHEESE ON THEIR BURGERS?"

You heard a couple people respond to Tony and start walking towards the kitchen. You decided to get out of bed and join them. You were wearing your blue light glasses, with your black Nike sports bra and your favorite pair of grey sweats since it was a chill day.

You got out to the kitchen and everyone had started getting their burger toppings and buns ready. You joined them in getting your burger ready. You had gotten everything you had wanted and sat down. Everyone started eating together, and whenever everyone is able to sit down and have dinner or lunch together, everyone plays a game of TRUTH, basically like truth or dare but without the dare. It's just a way for the team to be closer with each other and to bond a little bit.

You were still relatively new to the team, but you had gotten comfortable with everyone, mainly through this game.

"Tony what is one thing you suck at?" You asked him and he seemed taken aback.

"Coming on a little bit strong kid, but I guess I would have to say chess. It's just a dumb game." He responded.

"Sounds like we are going to play later today then." You said this with a smirk and a wink at Tony.

"You're on kid." He winked back with a twinkle in his eye.

This was really the first time you had offered to do something fun with another one of the avengers. Everyone knew you were still getting used to being with them and getting used to trusting people. You had a normal life before, pretty much an all American teenage girl. You were a senior in high school, flyer on the cheer team, pretty popular, smart, blonde. Hydra has taken you because they found out about your powers, and they were trying harness your power to use you as a super weapon against the avengers. The avengers had seen that you didn't want to help Hydra and knew that you belonged with them. They knew you had a good heart.

"Y/N, what is your most annoying or embarrassing feature?"

You thought for a second, looking down at your half eaten burger, trying to come up with an answer. Without giving it much thought you said, "Well when I was a flyer on my cheer team, I would have people grab my waist when I was going into stunts, and I guess I am pretty ticklish. Sometimes they would accidentally squeeze my waist and tickle me which was kind of annoying."

You looked up at table full of playful smirks and twinkling eyes, staring at you. You instantly knew that saying that was a mistake and that you would have that come back and bite you in the butt later on.

You cleared your throat and said "OK moving on now." Most of them laughed and you all continued on with lunch. One thing that was unsettling was Tony. He had kept his eyes locked on you with a playful grin pulling at the corners of his mouth. It gave you chills. You had been closest with Tony and he had kind of taken you under his wing since you've been here. He was the closest thing you had to a best friend at the moment. You were also close with Peter just because he was always with Tony as well.

The rest of lunch went by fine. Everyone had thanked Tony and Steve for cooking and everyone went back to their rooms. You had been trying since you got to the compound to be as helpful as you could to make a good impression also as a way to thank everyone for being so nice and welcoming to you.