̶(̶ ̶4̶8 ̶)̶

K I N G S  L A N D I N G

K I N G S L A N D I N G

K I N G S  L A N D I N G

𝕸𝖆𝖉𝖒𝖊𝖓 𝖑𝖔𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖉 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗. 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕬𝖊𝖒𝖔𝖓𝖉 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒.

Young men who had been taught all their lives that war and battle contributed to glory and honor. Young men who had barely grown out of boyhood and longed only to fight glorious battles, unaware of what lay ahead.

The reigns of Jaehaerys I. and Viserys I. had been peaceful. The realm had it's enemies, but the battles that had been fought had not affected the smallfolk and both kings were praised for having kept that peace.

The dance of the dragons, as the singers began to call it, seemed all the more violent.

Men, women, children. No one was safe.

After the kidnapping and capture of Lucerys Velaryon and the death of the young prince Jaehaerys both sides called for vengeance. Each side blamed the other for their misfortune and to some extent both were right.

Lords called their banners and marched their armies. The forces of, which had declared for Rhaenyra, invaded the lands of the green-aligned House Bracken, putting villages to the torch and despoiling septs. The Bracken forces were surprised by the Blackwoods while on the march and were ultimately defeated in the Battle of Burning Mill. The survivors turned back to Stone Hedge, only to find it had been seized by the blacks in their absence. The Brackens yielded and thus King Aegon lost his last supporter in the Riverlands.

The tide had turned in Rhaenyra's favor and the Greens knew it.

"And when can we expect the men of the fucking Triachary to help us, dear grandsire?"

Aemond saw Otto gulp as Aegon, displeased, flustered and angry at the slow progress, threw his wine cup (empty, Aegon would not waste good wine) in the direction of Lord Wylde, who looked at him indignantly.