Chapter Three

Despite the vow from fourteen years ago, Shin Jun found himself falling in love.

Shin Jun's hand dropped the plastic bag of groceries on the floor, not caring that the fruits he had picked just a half hour before were rolling through the apartment. In front of him stood his boyfriend of a year and a half, Lao Yun, with his hand tangled in a beautiful boy's hair, kissing him frantically with his back turned to the door.

At the sound of the fruits hitting the ground, Lao Yun pulled away from the other boy's lips whilst the boy shyly hid his face in Lao Yun's shirt. As if Shin Jun was the intruder of the apartment he himself paid for.

Shin Jun pulled his emotions together, picking his broken heart off the floor to ask with a choked voice: "What?"

Lao Yun pushed the boy behind him protectively, like he thought Shin Jun would attack him, like he was protecting his lover and Shin Jun finally got it through his head.

Lao Yun was cheating on him.

"Why? How could you..."

Lao Yun sneered at Shin Jun and looked him directly in the eyes: "You thought you were the one for me? When did I give you that impression, huh? You were only a substitute, didn't you know I already loved someone else? Oh - don't give me that face, you're too naive... I could never fall for someone without even a family behind him."

Shin Jun's sorrow turned to embarrassment. He'd never been so embarrassed during his entire twenty years of life until this moment.

No family? He scoffed in his mind as he heard those words.

His mother had left his father because of this.

Family, money, and power. Those were the only things that mattered, apparently.

Why did he assume Lao Yun would be any different?

He had once assumed he was someone without a family name behind him, just like his mother and Lao Yun had assumed.

He was wrong. So, so wrong.

Three years after his mother packed up and left, his father's family came to fetch them home with regret.

Their grandparents regretted being so rash and not even taking the chance to get to know their future daughter-in-law. They regretted chasing their son out of the house in anger when they themselves had married for love. They regretted not being there to see their grandchildren being born, growing up, and becoming teenagers.

They had been shocked to learn that their son had children without informing them. What kind of parents are they, when their child doesn't let them know? They found out thirteen years too late!

They swiftly came to pick the family up, only to be surprised that it was a family of five instead of a family of six.

What their mother didn't know, was that they were willing to accept her... But she'd already run off and got married to some local new money family and even had a child with him! A child born only seven months after she ran away from home, a fully healthy baby... Meaning, she'd been cheating.

Of course, they wouldn't accept her!

They didn't inform her when they packed up to leave for Korea, grateful that she'd long since signed divorce and custody agreements and didn't want to take anything.

Afterward, Shin Jun previously led a relatively free life with his newfound family.

His family was that of old royal blood and had flourished in the business world for decades upon decades, every male in the family and even a lot of females had all achieved great things.

His father was a CEO, his elder brother was a CEO, his second brother was a CEO, his third brother was a CEO... His entire family was CEOs!

No family name? Even if he had nothing else - he still had his family behind him.

He was nine when the family went back to the Shin family. Despite the immense pressure from his last name, he wasn't expected to do anything.

He was pampered before he was even taken to the Shin family by his own little family of six, being the youngest child who was originally sickly as a baby. They just wanted him to live, they couldn't care less if he was successful, wanted to inherit the business, wanted to build his own business...

They could take care of him for ten lives if they so wished. Sadly, he would die around 100 years old.

Shin Jun was a beautiful boy who grew up to be a stunning man. He had perfect peach blossom honey eyes, abnormally long hair for a man that was normally tied behind his back, and pale skin. Matched with his delicate figure and jade-carved jawline, he was simply handsome.

His whole family was known in the circle... Besides himself.

When the family went back to the capital they knew that the media would attempt to snag a picture of him, so they simply left him in their hometown for a few weeks before he flew in on a private overnight plane and slipped unnoticed to their home.

Therefore, everyone knew that the Shin family had four children but they didn't know if the youngest was a girl or a boy. Even after they settled in, they were never able to get a photo of Shin Jun. It was like he never existed in the world.

He had a family, but he didn't need to depend on his family to live. That was the largest difference between him and Lao Yun, who didn't even know who he truly was