Ten

*Alex Carter*

I tossed and turned in my bed, unable to fall asleep without Y/n there, I rolled over to check my phone to see a message from one of my students, Maya.
"Hey sir, could you help me with a few questions on the homework please?"
"Of course, I can help you in class tomorrow." I replied, I knew she had a thing for me and didn't want to give her the special attention she was looking for.
The next morning I prepared myself for the new term, even a few days was too long away from   Y/n and I needed to get my hands on her.

***

I was in my classroom shuffling through some papers awaiting my first class, I heard the click of the door opening and my eyes darted up to see who it was. It took me a few seconds to realise it was Maya, she had bleached her hair almost matching to Y/n's as well as doing her makeup the same style as her, she wore a skirt way to short for the crisp temperatures of January and devilishly smiled at me as she ran her fake nails through her new locks.
"Hello Maya, can I help you?" I asked.
"I just wanted to apologise for messaging you so late, I'm sorry if I woke you"
"Oh-um it's fine don't worry" I replied, my brows furrowing. The thanked me before turning to leave in such a scripted way it looked like she had practiced it. I returned to my papers, several minutes later the door opened again, I rolled my eyes and rose from my chair before lifting my head to see it was Y/n. I gasped, running to the door and pulling her into my arms, embracing her tightly. She giggled as I span her round before placing her on a desk.
"Baby, I've missed you like an unhealthy amount for three days" I chuckled, stoking her hair.
"Me too, I couldn't sleep last night" she grinned. I hugged her for a moment, taking my time to enjoy her presence.
"How are you feeling about this term?"
"Well I'm pretty nervous, obviously there's exams but also the girls haven't gotten any better" she sighed "what about you? You didn't look too happy when I got here"
"Oh yeah it was just Maya-"
"-Maya?" Her brows furrowed.
"Yeah I think she was trying to talk to me but I didn't really care to give any energy to the conversation" she hummed and smiled faintly, somewhat relieved. "Is she still bothering you?"
"Kinda, her group just gives me dirty looks and stuff, I just have a feeling they want to hurt me I don't know why though, I've never done anything to them"
"It's because you are sensitive and emotional-" her eyes darted back to mine "-no don't worry honey, it makes you expressive and affectionate and that's what I love about you. However, your anxiety doesn't help with that, they use that to hurt you because they are pathetic, have you not noticed how Maya is trying to look like you. It's because she could never compare to your beauty-"
"-Why would Maya be jealous of me, she's so pretty"
"She may be pretty but she will never have your kindness, your pureness, your compassion, she's self absorbed and only cares about looks as well as her group. That's why they all look the same" I placed a soft kiss on her forehead.
"Thank you" she sighed.
I jumped back as the door swung open and a familiar face strolled in completely carefree.
"Dude can you get your brother to man up and ask Anna out?" I sighed and chuckled, moving back to Y/n. "He has been spamming me asking questions about her, oh my god it's getting so annoying" Amy rolled her eyes.
"I'll talk to him" I laughed.
"Good...oops did I interrupt something?" We gave her a look. "Soz guys, ughhhhh I have Spanish first, don't get too freaky guys!" Amy made her exit and we locked eyes once again before laughing. The bell rang and she hopped off the table to go to class. I awaited my students and set up for the lesson.
***
As I mark a student's work while the class writes, I hear Maya and her group in the back muttering and giggling, I scoff and try to ignore them but by now her voice to me was like nails on a chalkboard. "Miss Bardot. Be quiet." I murmur as I keep my eyes down, their chatting subsided for a second before they started again. I groan to myself as I keep writing, I start to hear her slagging off Y/n and get protective. "Maya.
Be quiet, I will not ask you again!" I didn't expect her reaction, instead of fighting back like she did with all the other teachers, she rolled her eyes, bit her lip and sat back. I get back to marking as the class continued.
***
After school, I see Y/n come into my classroom, "I'm sorry baby, I can drive you home in an hour or you can go find Amy and go to your father's house, I have to help someone"
"O-oh..what with?" She frowned.
"..Maya, she wants help with some homework."
She rolled her eyes and caressed my hand, "fine. I'll wait..schools quite interesting when it's empty" she smiled and walked away. I admire her as she goes until my gaze is broken by Maya 'strutting' down the hallway, she looked as if she'd redone her makeup and she also changed into a smaller top. I hold the door for her with a grimace on my face, the scent of her Victoria's Secret perfume stings my nostrils and leaves a trail as she goes to a seat. I lean against my desk and look at her, "Ok, just get out the homework and I'll help you through it."
"Yes sir..." she said in a sultry voice as she played with her hair. I sat in the chair next to her and tap my pen on the desk, she slid the homework sheet in between us and I started to walk her through it. After a while, we finished the homework and she smiled, "thanks for helping me sir."
"It's no trouble, if you need help just come to me"I donned a fake smile when suddenly she pulled me by my collar into a kiss, I pushed her off silently and watch her leave. I wipe her gloss from my lips in horror as I look out the door. Repulsed, I went to my desk and grabbed my things and looked for Y/n around the school. I assumed she went with Amy spontaneously so I just went to my car to go home.
I got home to an empty house, I went to my bedroom and saw her favourite plushy still on my bed, untouched. I called her phone once, twice, another time, over and over again until someone picks up, Amy. "What d'you want!?" She spat.
"Amy, is Y/n there?"
"Yeah, why?"
"Why isn't she picking up?"
"Well she doesn't wanna talk to you!" She hung up, I felt my chest tighten in anxious confusion. what happened? Maybe she's just...ugh I don't know! Why the fuck did that slag have to kiss me!? Should I tell Y/n?