Prologue

• Dedicated to All those who still believe that prayers are the answer to everything

 **First and foremost!! I just wanna say that this story will undergo revision soon. Just not yet, 'cause I'm quite busy at the moment. So I'm sorry if the story still appears to be shabby and confusing at parts. Will fix the POVs, and Selene will soon only be known as Luna, to minimize confusion :)**

Hi. This is renatawrites (prev. known as: ticktockstar). I’m new here at wattpad. :D

This is a story I have previously made for my FFN (fanfiction.net), so don’t be surprised if there are some similarities because this was originally my fan fiction for fallen. But I changed it here for wattpad. But it’s still my idea and story .. Enjoy! Please comment/fan/Vote! :) thank you. enjoy!

“WHEN THE STARS TWINKLE”

PROLOGUE:

Tired and Uninspired

I studied the bottle of wine I was holding. It was no longer cold and it had already passed the time when the perspiration has cooled and dried. I shifted my weight to my right. Oh yeah, and I am currently sitting on top of the long and red roof of the bar where I always wallow when I’m feeling the downest of down. If you know what I mean.

My name is Elliott Grey. I’m the loneliest being in this world. Falling from heaven. Always going from one place to another.. With no permanent friend or family. Joining the evil society just because I was bored. Then leaving because I felt like I no longer saw the purpose of me staying there. I was a demon for a thousand years and if you want to know how many I’d killed.. Sorry I wasn’t really that good at math. For the years before I was one, I was just wandering, never knowing where to land.

 And now, I’m blatantly confused with what I want to do with my remaining, years. Although I know I still have an extremely long time. It ain’t called punishment for no reason. What should I do now, become a fairy? Tch. Lame. I took a swig of the wine and thought for a moment. My frenemy, because I never know how to treat him if as a friend or enemy, Lucas, is cursed also. But there’s a difference. He has friends. And he has a woman to call his own. I wanted to feel mad and just thrust this wine bottle I’m holding at the fat man beneath me, he was drinking beer and he had the same tousled red hair as my frenemy (why do I feel like someone from gossip girl?). How come he had all the luck? He even posed as Prince Harry one time when the prince was sick. Tch.

Well let me guess, a little voice spoke inside my head, he never joined the dark side, he’s far more nicer than you, and he’s more lovable. Oh shut up. I’m just as lovable as him. I have more charms. Tch. I have the most to-die-for charisma compared to the other fallen angels.  And I can choose any girl to swoon over me. It automatically happens anyway. But it won’t be for long because I just leave. They’re mortals; they can never handle the truth about my nature.

Actually, all of my friends and foe fallen angels have found their partner; it was either a mortal, or an immortal. Mostly fallen angels too though. If it was mortal, they tried to hide their identity and told the mortal that they were human. But where did that leave me?

I just didn’t feel like myself tonight. I felt lone and shattered for the thousandth time. I was always the evil one. The alone one. A part of me just wanted to close the door of my past and jump outside the window to start anew.

 I raised my head to look at the sky. Everyone up there happy now? I’m all alone. With no one. Just perfectly lonely. I lowered my head to my hands, against the wine bottle and shut my eyes closed. Why can’t they just give me someone I can be with? Am I that damned to not even have a soul to love? Wars have passed and I still have nobody. I gave up and left the evil side. I just couldn’t take all that end of the world drama anymore. I’d rather sit in front of a laptop and log on Tumblr now.

I stood up and shouted to the sky, “I’m not involved with anything anymore!” This was the first time I’ve prayed for at least a thousand years.

I raised my arms like embracing the sky, my dark hair tousling around caused by the cold wind that suddenly swooshed by.

 “Not involved with anyone anymore either. Like you even gave me anyone. Can’t you just give me, at least a.. I dunno?” I scratched my head and licked my bottom rose-colored lip and averted my gray eyes from the stars to the moon.

“At least give me a chance to have a woman to call my own. A woman that, whatever apocalyptic crisis happens, I can fold into my arms. I’ve already fallen from Heaven.” I looked down at the shining red roof my foot was planted on, “Please make my eternity worthwhile. Give me someone worth fighting for. I said in a soft whisper as I bowed my head and almost automatically another cool gust of wind rippled through the air making my jet black silky hair gently mat to my pale skin and my ebony trench coat swish around. I describe too much don’t I? I just want you to know how I look right now, standing on this stupid rooftop.

“Oh shut up with all that shitty drama!” A nasty voice called from below. “Come in here, there’re lots of ladies to choose from to spend the night with!”

I nonchalantly looked down and there was the fat man that resembled the top of Lucas’s head that annoyed me so. I absentmindedly dropped the wine bottle and landed at an exact hit on the man’s noggin. “Ow.”

You shut up. Can’t you hear that I’m having a serious moment here?” I retorted haughtily and shifted my gaze back to the night sky.  It was so still.

I shrugged and removed my trench coat, leaving a black puddle at my feet. Crouched down, and with a little force.. I could feel my back burst with gray wings that gleamed in the night, causing small silver flecks of feathers shimmer in the night around me. It’s gray for the mean time because I’m caught in the middle of good and bad. When I fell, it was white, the purest and holiest color. As time flew by, they turned gray because I had no sides. When I chose to go to the evil army, it magically became pitch black. And now, I’m back in the middle.  With a slight jump, I was off in the night sky wandering alone, taking in the sight of the stars’ sudden marvelous twinkling, like they were reacting to my little speech earlier. And suddenly there was a figure, I squinted my deep gray eyes at the outline of a person falling from the sky above me. What the hell is that?

I was hovering below it, and my goal was to catch it. I noticed the stars kept twinkling and it drove my eyes mad. Darn it, it was distracting my perfect view of the falling form. I kept shooting away to the part of the sky I think the person would most possibly fall but the damn stars just kept sparkling around the figure. I could sense the figure was close and I zoomed up to meet it.

Almost there, I effortlessly caught it, no.. her in my pale and strong arms, and I could feel her soft breathing radiating from within her. Wait, HER? The night lights around me kept twinkling like mad, and thanks to that, I saw her face. She had full pink lips. She had a cute pointed nose. And her eyes were closed. But I sure saw her long eyelashes and perfectly carved jaw line.  Her beautifully arched eyebrows. Her slightly golden skin, that blended perfectly in the night, but it looked so white under the moon it looked like some fragile porcelain. Her long wavy chocolate brown locks hung on my arms, they felt so unbelievably soft. A loose strand was on her face, and with one movement from my fingers, it was out of the way from the view of her doll-like face. Her features were curved but slender. She was barefoot and wearing a white empire cut gown. Weird. What, did someone push her off an airplane wedding?

I kept beating my majestic wings around us. It wasn’t hard; we could stay there for days. Then it struck me. Could this be my wish?  

I looked at the night sky around me, we were high up from the ground, and I was basically in the night sky. The stars’ glimmer grew faint and I could swear they were saying good bye and enjoy the nice treat we gave you. I looked up and a small smile tugged at my lips. Thank you.

--------------------

Guys, tell me what you think about the story! :D I changed it up a bit. Comment, vote and put this in ur library if you like! :)