04 | Uncontrollable Disasters

For the next few minutes you simply stared at the distant space. Dazed, confused, scared. You didn't understand. What exactly was happening? Why had your powers suddenly become so mysterious? So out of control? You couldn't comprehend anything. It was so obscure and undistinguished. It had never occurred to you such outlandish things would appear even in your dreams.

Was it because of those events?

Was this a punishment for your previous accursed actions?

You were clueless. You mind was cluttered with paranoia but were sober enough to deduce if such things were to continue any further, something apprehensive was likely to occur future. Something that would already fuel the heavy , relentless regret crushing your chest. And it was mandatory to get it under control.

But how?

Your hands trembled, goosebumps running through your skin and erecting the hair follicles. This feeling was eating you. Hurt, guilt, emotions you couldn't even describe. It made you want to dig a hole and stay there, away from everyone. Away from the world. It made you want to run away from everything but this wasn't that simple.

You had to get things under control somehow. You had to find someone, someone similar enough who could guide you. Explain you everything. But how were you going to do that?

You had school to attend to too and there was unlikely a chance you could provide your mother with a plausible resolute excuse for a leave. But after that handkerchief event you didn't even know if it could stay at home any longer. Hurting someone you cared for due your uncontrollable powers was the last thing etched in your mind.

In your reverie one thought washed through your mind, making the entire environment eerily silent.

Should you just run away?

You gasped inwardly before chiding yourself.

But running away was not always the answer, you told yourself.

You darted your eyes across the room in frenzy. Trying to think of something. Anything. You had to decide before the situation turned perilous and there was no doubt it was turning worse every minute.

Pushing yourself off the bed, you first decided to pick up the fallen objects. Maybe it would enlighten your mind with some idea. Your fingers reached the fallen wooden frame , the closest object and turned it to see the photograph etched onto the mound.

You mood turned sour, making your nose scruntch and fume in ire.It was ridiculous ,you still kept this around after what you had been through? This? You immediately got off, pacing towards the dust bin before dropping the photo. A photo where a younger version of you and Zioro stood, grinning like fools while holding onto two crimson coloured fishes. You stared at it aggravatingly before just moving away.

After those godawful events , you had nothing to do with Zioro anymore. No matter what the situation was. No matter how long you had been together, You weren't never going to acquaint with him ever again.

"[Name]," your mother called you out from the hallway making you snap out of your trance "Are you asleep dear? " she resumed while heavy thumps of footsteps rushed upwards. You held your breath. She was heading upstairs. To your room. And only one thought lingered through your head.

You couldn't let her in.

Instantly hastening your way out of the room, you met your mom on the stairs right before she came in. Her eyes glinted with worry as well as concern while yours masked with fake emotions to prevent her suspicion. Raising your hand you slyly closed the door as if there was nothing to see inside. " No, I just woke up few moments ago. " you forced a smile, as if everything was okay. As if everything had always been alright and will be. But only you knew it was all a big fat lie. Because you knew things were never going to be the same again.