a discovery

- Courtney's POV -
Star struck from what had just happened, I walked in class. Thank god the teacher is understanding, even though I got a detention.. I never really had detention before, so I don't know how to feel.. I look at all the empty seats and managed a way to sit by Gwen. As the teacher introduces himself more, we were talking.

"Soo.. see any cute guys you like?" Gwen asked, poking me constantly.
I let out a small giggle.
"I mean there's this one guy- shame I don't know his name.." I said.
"Bummer! We can find him later" Gwen suggested.
"I mean yeah, sure" I said, raising a shoulder.
"What about you? Do you have a crush?" I asked
"Kind of. My boyfriend although he doesn't seem that interested in me anymore. Don't tell anyone but I've also been seeing that Trent guy. He is so totally awesome"
"Oh really?" I said, giggling.
"Soo what does your boyfriend look like?" I asked curiously, giving her a small friend-punch.
"Well he..." she started.
She went on and the more and now that I think about it the more she talked about it the more it sounded like that mysterious boy I was talking to... but no. He couldn't have a girlfriend? He was so into me. Maybe it's someone else? I hope. If we date will it affect my grades? Should I really be worried?
Gwen snapped in my face.
"Earth to Courtney?" She said
"Oh, yeah hi.." I responded
"The bell was ringing, let's go!" She grabbed my hand and pulled me aside.

I went to second period, which was boring, but I met this girl named "Heather" and another girl named "Bridgette" and she told me the tea about everyone.

"Oh and don't talk to Ezekiel. He's weird in all ways!" Heather laughed.
"Yeah, once I saw him trying to scratch his head with his foot.." Bridgette giggled.
Honestly, they was pretty cool and almost exactly like me. Heather could be annoying sometimes, but I was glad to have another friend.

Third period and to my surprise, he was in the same class as me. I sat down far away from him until he got up and sat next to me.
I facepalmed myself.
All of class he kept poking me with his pencil, constantly tapping my shoulder, and stealing my pens. I was this close to snapping but.. I had to ask the question.
"Soo.. do you-"
"Have a girlfriend?" He interrupted me.
"Uh yeah" I said.
"Well yeah but she's a total dick" he said
"Why didn't you tell me?!" I asked
"Sorry miss tell me everything I just met you I don't expect to tell you my whole life story.." he said.
"Ugh whatever, I don't care" I said
"My name is Duncan by the way" he said, probably grinning at me although I wouldn't know because I was trying to avoid him.

Bell rang, and period 4 arrived.
Pretty boring class so.. let's skip to lunch.
"Courtney! Over here!" Gwen yelled.
As I got closer I realized she was sitting next to Duncan. Could he be..? No, that's ridiculous.
I sat next to her and this other blonde guy.
"Hi dude! I'm Geoff!" He said.
"Cool! Hi Geoff" I responded
"You're like so pretty dude. Your skin rocks! I'm gonna call you... Mocha"
I giggled.
"Don't mind him" Bridgette laughed.
"Soo.. what's up?" Heather said
"Nothing much.." I replied.
I noticed Gwen missing Duncan and I just felt bad.. I have feelings for her boyfriend and there's nothing I can do about it.. anyway we talked a bit longer, and lunch had ended.

Spanish was up and Geoff and Heather were there, although it was kind of boring because the Spanish teacher was really strict, and we had assigned seats. I think the Spanish teacher liked me a lot because she gave me to best seat and I understood everything she was saying.

Next was PE, Which I had Geoff and Duncan. Today we were playing capture the flag so we all quickly changed. I wore short grey shorts that complimented my butt and curves, and a cropped grey sweater with an cropped align tank underneath. I put my hair in a messy bun and started playing. The teams were blue and red, and I was on team red.

We played for a little while, but I couldn't help but notice his stares and glances. When it was break time he walked up to me.
"Hey princess" he said, obviously looking down at my breasts.
"Uh hello? Eyes up here!" I said, pointing at my eyes with two fingers.
"Plus, don't you have a girlfriend?" I asked
"Doesn't mean I like her. What? You jealous?" he chuckled.
"As if!" I said, letting my hair down.
He caressed my face and I swatted his hand away.
"You know you look good when your mad, right?" He said
"Ugh!" I said, walking away except I had to make sure I wasn't still blushing.

I got ready in my normal clothes then headed to the library for my free period, but I forgot I had my free period took away all because I was late. I asked a stranger apparently named Tyler where it is, and as soon as I got in I saw the guy I liked, (Duncan) and my best friend (Gwen) making out. Is it bad I really like him? Why would he say he doesn't like her if he clearly did? I don't understand it.

I thought he liked me? What was this feeling?
I was sitting there, alone, watching my crush (which I feel terrible about) and my best friend sucking each other's faces..
"Be right back babe" Gwen said, walking off.
"What's up?" Duncan said, winking at me.
"Are you crazy?"
"No.. why?"
"You're such a jerk!" I said, grabbing my stuff and storming out the room.
"What's her problem?" I heard, leaving the room.

I went to the library and just.. broke down.
I don't get this at all. Gwens my friend, why did I get so mad she was dating him? I'm not jealous.. I think.

After school and all the extracurricular activities, I left and walked home. I was so tired.

What an Interesting first day.