William Tanner: Hawk

An Ankh Pendant.

Chapter three: William Tanner: Hawk.

William Tanner stood in his barn, his hands resting lightly at his sides, his face twisted in confusion and a bit of fear. He could remember very clearly that he had found a hawk out in his families field. He had picked it up and carried it back to the barn after he found out it had a broken wing. William had a soft spot of animals. But this?

He edged closer to the man laying in the hay, his bare back to him. William carried a roll of white bandages. He stopped within a few feet of the man as he turned his head to glance at him, his grayish eye connecting with his blue eyes. William cleared his throat awkwardly, the man staring at him intently.

" You can't sleep here, sir." William said, watching as the man sat up, he took notice that the man was missing an eye. William wanted to ask about it, but he was more concerned that the hawk was gone.

" Boy-" The man started, his deep voice, but William cut him off.

" Did you kill that hawk?" He blurted out, the man looking at him oddly.

" No." The man said, William looked slightly relieved.

" Oh, that's good." He said, walking farther into the barn. " Where is it?"

" I am the hawk." The man stated, William turned to look at him, he huffed before letting out a chuckle.

" What?" He asked, smiling. " I don't know what happened to you...or your...clothes." He looked away slightly, " but I would guess you need to lay off the booze a bit."

The man narrowed his eyes slightly, William blinked.

" Sorry, that was out of line." He stated quickly, " look, I'll get you some clothes and I'll we'll see if you can remember where you came from." He took off out of the barn and headed into his house, his brother was still passed out on the couch. His father must have been away at work by now. William sighed, knowing that he will be missing yet another day of school.

Kelly will have his neck.

William smiled slightly as he walked into his father's room, going to dig into the dresser drawer. He's going to have an issue trying to explain how he got himself into this mess. Yeah, his friends are going to eat up the story about the naked man claiming he was a hawk. He pulled out a navy blue button up shirt and a pair of jeans as well as some boxers. He sighed, glancing over to make sure his brother was still asleep.

William headed back towards the barn, where the man was still standing there. He was looking around the darkened barn, William walked towards him.

" They are my father's, maybe they'll fit." He said, holding the clothes out to the man. He looked at the mound of fabric with a small frown on his face. William stared at him, before clearing his throat.

" You are aware of what these are, right?" He asked, watching as the man took the clothing from him.

" Yes." The man stated, looking at him with an almost bemused expression on his face. William nodded, turning to leave.

" I'll just be out here when you're done." He stated, leaving the man to dress himself.

It was a while before the man walked out of the barn and into the morning sun. His shirt was on, although it was unbuttoned. At least the jeans were on properly. William looked him over, then nodded.

" So, do you remember where you were coming from?" He asked, watching as the man looked up at him.

" I can't tell you." He stated.

" Why not?" William demanded, sounding confused and slightly annoyed.

" You are a mortal." The man stated, William looked at him oddly.

" Okay, then." He said with a chuckle. The man gave him that slightly angry look again, William stopped his laughing as he tilted his head slightly. " You're completely serious."

The man didn't reply, he stared at him with that same blank look. " What is your name?" He demanded.

" William, or Will." William stated, lifting his head up slightly, " what's yours?"

" Horus." The man stated again, William nodded, looking the man over again.

" Okay, Horus. Where do you live?" He asked, " I can drive you if you need-"

" I was kicked out." He said, sounding defeated. " I'm not allowed to go back."

William looked at him with slightly sympathetic eyes. Horus paced slightly, looking around the farm.

" Thank you for carrying me here." He said, looking back over at him. William stared at him, his eyes wide.

" You really are the hawk?" He asked quietly, watching as Horus nodded his head. William shook his head before running a hand through his sandy blonde hair.

" You might as well come inside." William said, knowing this Horus wasn't going anywhere. Horus looked back over at him, he nodded his head gratfully before following William back into his home.