Chapter 1

"I'm headed out! I left some breakfast in the microwave for you. I'll be back by nine tonight at the latest." Calum yells from the front room

I groan in response. 

The clock only says 9:30. Eh it's a Saturdays, a few more minutes might be nice... I mean after all, I did just stay up all night rereading the Maze runner series. I spend the next ten minutes trying to fall back asleep to no avail. Great. I pick up my phone and start scrolling. Maze runner meme, book dragon meme, anime meme,  video of a guy saving a dog from a train, and so on. After about thirty minutes of this I throw on some clothes and get ready for the day.

I grab my bag and stuff some cash, a book, and my sketch stuff and go to head out of my room

I grab my bag and stuff some cash, a book, and my sketch stuff and go to head out of my room. Thats when I hear it. A loud thud, followed by more thuds and a few yelps. I slowly and quietly open the door and peek out. I don't see anybody so I creep down the hallway. I peer around the corner and see a group of boys and a girl. They are talking in hushed voices so I can't hear what they are saying. Suddenly, one looks up directly at me. We lock eyes for a moment, then he breaks away, turning to his friend, a young looking boy with short messy blonde hair. He gestures over to me, and the rest of them all stare at me. I slowly back away, eyes wide, and retreat to my room.

"Wait! Where-"  

I slam my door before the person can finish. I throw a chair in front of the door and start to open the window. We are on the third story of our building, so just straight up jumping isn't an option, and we don't have a fire escape. The door rattles, and I freeze. My breathing quickens, as I start panicking. 

"Miss, I'm really sorry, we didn't mean to scare you. We just need to know where we are." A deep voice carries through the door. I debate on weather or not to answer, not wanting to reveal that I'm still in the room, but they already know I'm here so...

"Miss?" My breathing gets heavier, I try to attempt to calm myself but it doesn't work. The door rattles again. I creep over to my bed and hide behind it. I am now gasping for air, I can hear them talking softly on the other side of the door. I put my head between my knees and continue trying to calm down. My breathing just keeps getting faster and faster. the door rattles one last time before it goes quiet. I pause, did they leave? Then someone rams into my door, knocking it and the chair down, I involuntarily yelp, slapping my hand over my mouth to try and muffle the sound.

"Miss please, we just need to know where we are." The voice says again.

"Alby stop, I think your scaring her." Alby? So that was his name.

"So what Newt. Do you have a better idea?" It goes silent. The only noise in the room is my quick breathing. I am now gasping for air, having been hyperventilating this whole time. I hear movement and someone comes around the corner of my bed. I freeze and look up at them with wide eyes. I try to say anything but nothing comes out. They take a step forward, I tense, ready for anything. They come down to my eyelevel. This must be the one called Newt,  funny, he looks exactly like the Newt from Maze Runner, the movies, not the books. He slowly creeps toward me, when I try to scoot backwards I find myself up against a wall. Crap.

"Hey, we aren't going to hurt you ok? I promise." He comes closer and puts his hand on my shoulder, his grip firm. He's carefully moves closer to me, making sure to keep his hand on my shoulder. Oh, he's trying to stop me from running away. With his help I start to slow my breathing down to a reasonable pace.

"Is that shank done yet? We don't have all day." A new voice says. 

"Oh shut up Gally. Give her some time." Gally? Alby? Newt? Shank? Oh my god. Are these people from maze runner?! Nope, not possible. Entirely impossible. 

"Are you ok to stand?" Newt asks me, looking me in the eyes. I nod slowly, for some reason I trust him. He helps me up and I look around.  Holy crap. They all look exactly like the kids from Maze Runner. I take a deep breath, there's only one way to find out if they really are.

"What are your names?" I say, surprised at how solid my voice is. They all look at one kid, the one who looks like Alby from the books.

"If we tell ours, will you tell us yours?" he asks. I nod.

"Good that. I'm Alby." 

"Thomas"

"Minho"

"Winston"

"Frypan"

"Teressa"

"Gally"

"And I'm Newt." At this point my mouth is slightly open.  "And you are?" I close it and swallow.

"I'm, uh, Willow." I still try to wrap my head around the fact that they are all standing in my house. The actual KIDS from Maze Runner, are in my house. Not the actors, the actual characters.

"So Willow, can you possibly tell us where we are?" I look Alby dead in the eyes. If I tell them then they will leave. If I don't they'll force it out of me. I have an idea, is it a good one? No, will it possibly work? Yes.

"I can, but first You guys will have to see something else." They all look at each other, skeptical. 

"What is it..?" Newt asks from next to me. 

"It's kind of hard to explain, so if I could get past you guys, I could show you." Newt looks up to Alby, who nods. He moves out of my way, I make my way to the now broken down door and sigh, did they really have to take the whole thing off it's hinges? 

"Come on." I say motioning for them to follow. I make my way over to the kitchen/front room. 'If you guys want to plop down on to the couch I'll get some snacks." They obviously aren't going to hurt me, so why not show them some stuff?

"Snacks?" Thomas asks with a raised eyebrow. "For what?" I smile.

"For a movie silly, now go sit down." They all move over to the couch, I throw a few bags of microwave popcorn in and start the timer, then I grab some chips, candy, and water. I put the popcorn into three bowls and bring everything over. They each take some stuff and I turn on the TV. I pull up Maze Runner and there are sharp intakes of breath all around.  Then the questions erupt.

"What is this?"

"How did you get this"

"Why is there a movie about us?" and so on. I wait for them to finish before I start talking.

"This is what I was talking about, I mean how do you exactly tell people that they are fictions characters from your favorite series?" Silence. They all seem to be digesting what is in front of them.

"Play it." Minho says.

"Pardon?" I look up at him, they took up all of the couch so a few others and myself are on the floor. Him and Newt are right behind me. I twist to look him in the eye.

"Play the movie. You said it's your favorite, and you made all these snacks so play it." I look at his a bit bewildered, but I shrug and que it up. 

"Before we get started, do you guys want blankets or anything?" A few of them did so I grabbed some for them and one for myself. 

I press play and the movie begins. 

And done! This chapter was a lot of fun to write! Let me know what you guys think about the book!

Word count: 1339 

~Author