| The Quick Deal ~ PT. 2 of Destined Soulmates |

!! f! reader !!

surprise...??? it's been too long, I'm not abouta explain why I hadn't been posting. just know that this is a series in the works and I've been cooking up so many oneshots in my writer's block mind hehe >:)
- vani, returning from the grave

[tw]: cursing, violence, bad communication (it gets better, promise)

|

How does one prove their love for another being? It's not as easy as Leonardo seemed to imply.

Hell, you've just met your soulmate two weeks ago! A mutant turtle nonetheless! You questioned how that was even possible; a human and mutant in an eternal bond. It was too absurd and maybe even impossible to think about.

And the truth was, you weren't even sure if he was your soulmate.

And in those two weeks, nothing had changed. You continued living your life soulmate-less and put on an act for others, pretending that you hadn't met your soulmate. It was tiring to have to ignore your feelings and receive reassurance and consoling from everyone. But on the bright side, the painful bond between you and Leo was gone, right?

For the past two weeks, you lived in bliss—meaning no more ice packs on sore limbs, no more bitter, copper taste in your mouth, and definitely no more sleepless nights in agony. It feels like a heavy weight off your shoulders once you've managed to gain a somewhat organized sleep schedule.

"Let me get this straight—you're telling me that you ain't worried about your soulmate at all? Like, no longer worried about having one in general?" Late-night calls with April have become a daily thing since the whole situation.

"Is it so hard to believe that maybe I don't need a soulmate, April?" A nervous chuckle escapes from your lips and you pan the camera to the ceiling, showing any expression to her while lying to her face is nearly impossible.

"It actually is considering the fact that you were the one who whined and moaned about having a soulmate," she doesn't buy your tone.

You bite your nails, thinking of all possible excuses in the world, "They just haven't been as active as usual is all. Maybe they came to their senses and stopped beating themselves up...."

"Uh-huh. I'll believe that when pigs fly."

"...you have no idea," you mutter under your breath, recalling your sweet victory against the pig mutant.

"So they haven't called or reached out at all? And you're good with that?"

April's question made you suddenly realize how intimidated you were by her interrogation, it was like she was determined to get an answer out of you no matter what. Aside from this, she made you realize that you haven't had any skepticism about Leo's quietness over the past weeks. 

"...Yeah. All good here."

And that was the end of that matter.

The call ends after another stupid topic is brought up and you both bid good night to one another. With the city's usual roaring noises, you lay in bed, comfortable as you have been for the last few days, staring at the imitation stars that scattered endlessly above you, glowing in their usual pale green. You took these precious weeks that you hadn't been in immense pain and made sure not to take them for granted. It was almost alarming how incredible the relief felt and suspicious too.

As you drifted into sleep, you wondered what Leonardo had been up to these past weeks. Was he worried? Was he actually trying his best to stay out of trouble? It cleared your mind when you realized that if he were worried about you at all, he would return to you.