Options

POV. Kelly

„Lillian?" I knock on her door. It's late but I know she's still up.
„Lillian I know your up. Can I please come in it's important?" I ask more bluntly this time.
„It's your house you can do whatever you like!" is the response I get back. I open the door and walk inside.
I sit down next to her on the bed but keeping my distance to respect her boundaries.

„hey, look I know you don't like being around me right now. I know I messed up. Not coming and finding you when I was ready to be a mom. Not being there in the first place. I can't take back mistakes from the past but I can try and do my best to get you settled in here now." I begin.
She looks down staying quiet.
„I think and correct me if I'm wrong, that it's  a lot for you to just have me in your life suddenly." she doesn't stop me.
„max and I have come up with a solution." i continue „I want to work on our relationship but I think being in the same house 24/7 all of the sudden is not doing it. It's going to be difficult for you and I know that. But I think what's best right now is for us to have some distance. Not completely of course but not being together all the time either. That way you can get used to my presents in your life and heal and maybe hopefully try and forgive me in time." I speak fast trying to get it all out.

„Can you say something?" I ask after a moment of silence.
„your right. I don't want to be around you. But I don't really have a choice." is all she says.
„I'm trying to give you one right now." I respond.
„Well you haven't even says what you and your boyfriends brilliant solution is! What? boarding school or something?"
„Right sorry." all that rambling made me forget the point. „Not exactly. Max, he's a sportsman. A racing driver to be exact. And the new season is starting soon and the only solution we really came up with is you going with him. I'll know your safe and with someone I love and I'll see you on some of the weekdays. But it's your choice." I explain.
She looks a little shocked for a second.
I'm not to sure about which part, the racing driver one or the going with him one. Probably both.
„What about school tho?" is her first question.
„you'd have to do online school. Again it's your choice. Either you go with max have some distance from me and do online school or you stay here with me and go to the local high school." I give her both her options as they are.

„How soon is soon?" she asks when the season is starting.
„right this is the bad part. Your leaving tomorrow night Like at 4 am. It's not ideal I know but I'm trying to meet you halfway here." I say.
„So you probably need me to decide now right?"
„It would be best if you did yes cause max has to tell his racing team and get all that organisation going." I say.
„Right..." she stops to think for a second.

„Yes. I'll go with him." she says after about two minutes.
„Okay. I'll tell him. You should go to bed now to rest for the long flight tomorrow. Good night" I say.
A surge of love overcome me.
I raise my hand to brush over her hair.
This is my daughter.
I stop myself.
Who hates me.

I give her a slight smile and turn to leave.

POV. Lillian

She's trying. Is a thought that passes through my mind.
But she did leave you. Is the next thought
She's giving you options to make it as easy for you as possible.
I push my anger at her away for just one second.
„Kelly?" I ask.
„Yes?" she turns around surprised.
„Thanks." well that felt awkward.

She blinks „no problem. Good night."