Chapter 14

It was like a cloud had just covered every noise. Everyone's breath seemed to stop, the fighting hadn't lasted long but it was brutal for all parties involved. No one had died but no one was without injury as well blood stained the floors and roofs nearby where the heaviest of the battle took place, most of it was from the mobs that the opposition had sent towards them that had bled but some did indeed come from the side that was still standing, if only just. A shout then was heard from the streets below, and then another joined it. More and more cheers joined as people were just happy to still be standing, or flying. All of the watchers flew down onto the ground, they were all tired. The council members were all out on the road that surrounded ᓵ||∷╎ℸ ̣ ⍑⚍∷╎ᓭ, they were all huddled together. Astaria, after turning back her transformation in a small burst of light, flew down to the ground as well, though it almost looked like her scars had expanded even if it wouldn't be possible. Instead of going towards the rest of the group, she stood a distance back, after all, she had figured that what she and Xelqua had interrupted was a secret meeting discussing him and whether or not they should trust her. She was somewhat glad they didn't trust her straight away, after all, everything they said against her did have some merit.

Gryff was tired and in pain. His entire left arm had a burn, it running from just above his wrist to just below his shoulder. There were small pieces of fabric trapped in the burn that he would need to get Neferus to help with after he and Lysabel talked to everyone else. "Lysabel and I need to address the situation for everyone," he started, "Head inside, you too Astaria. Neferus if you can start looking after everyone's injuries,"

"Astaria, do you think you could help as well?" Lysabel added on, after all, she had seen the watcher heal herself.

Astaria, now closer to the group, said, "Yes, I can,"

Gryff then continued, "We'll be in soon,"

The group, with the exception of the High Admin and High Watcher, went inside the surprisingly okay, slightly blood-covered, walls of ᓵ||∷╎ℸ ̣ ⍑⚍∷╎ᓭ.

Lysabel and Gryff turned to each other, not saying anything for a moment until Gryff spoke, "What are we going to tell everyone?"

"Not the full truth, but parts of it. We shouldn't mention that these attackers have been brought back from the dead but we can say they are a part of a group that wants to go back to the endless fighting that we used to have,"
"Let's do this," Gryff said.

Lysabel proceeded to pull up her admin screen and type in something that caused the screen to appear around the Main City where everyone would be able to see them. "Watchers, admins, players. Thank you for helping us fight the oncoming threat today. Some of you may have noticed that this has been a part of a series of attacks," Lysabel started.

Gryff then continued, "These threats are from a group of admins and watchers that are wanting to go back to how things were in the war. We still believe that more attacks will be coming, and we are prepared to keep fighting, so we can keep this peaceful place that we call home,"

Lysabel finished off, "We will need to get ready to keep fighting so we will be coming up with more ways for people to push their abilities so we can keep fighting,"
With that, the screens faded out and the two council members made their way inside to where the others were, but before they went through the doors they heard one voice faintly say, "Where was the High Leader?"

Gryff and Lysabel didn't have an answer for themselves, it wasn't a great feeling.

When the two had made their way inside Neferus and Astaria had already started healing up the council members, they were once again in the middle of the circular room forgoing their normal seats for the closeness that they needed. By the time they grabbed some seats and sat down Neferus and Astaria had come over to Gryff and Lysabel respectively. Neferus got straight to work on helping Gryff but Astaria faltered, looking towards Lysabel not wanting to start without permission from the admin. Lysabel took a moment to look at her aura again, her mind still didn't know why it was familiar. Her aura seemed to be comforting everyone else's as well, another ability she had only seen from the High Leader. The thought made her feel cold internally, she had no idea what was happening with the High Leader and she felt stressed that the person that would probably help was nowhere in sight. She couldn't make herself truly angry, at least not yet, since the High Leader had done so much for every single person in the Main City. She snapped out of her thoughts and nodded to Astaria, a light wisp of purple floated up to each injury since had, filling them with warmth and healing up the bleeding skin. Lysabel then whispered low enough that the others couldn't hear over the mild chatter, "Thank you for before, but why didn't you just pull up a shield instead of jumping in front of me?"

"The shield would have only made the blade deflect for a second but when it went through my side it stopped the admin from taking another attack so I was able to freeze the admin instead," Astaria explained as the healing finished up.

The members, now healed up, turned towards each other. They were all tired, not surprising anyone. Each had been fighting a losing battle once again, and they were becoming less and less confident that they were going to make it through whatever battles were left to come. "We need to be more prepared, I doubt this is the end," Gryff said to the rest of the council members, "Everyone needs to be on the top of their game, even those who aren't a part of the council. Whatever time we have we should see how we can improve whoever's abilities,"

Lysabel turned towards Astaria, "I know this battle but thank you for what you've done and I hope that you'll continue to keep helping us,"

"I will do whatever I can to help keep everyone safe," Astaria replied.

Xelqua was glad that it seemed that Lysabel was warming up to Astaria, even if his own trust for her wasn't as absolute as before. He knew that Astaria would be a great help to them with the power and knowledge that she had, the thought multiplied now that she knew that her magic was from the beginning.

"I do have to ask... why did you have an admin screen as you are a watcher?" Lysabel asked.

"It's because I'm both an admin and a watcher, before I lost my normal vision I had one purple eye of a watcher but also one red eye of an admin," Astaria explained.

Lysabel, knowing what the code of the world was, asked, "How? The code of the world doesn't let that happen, that's why admin and watcher couple tend to have twins more often to account for both sets of power,"

Astaria seemed to falter for a second, she hadn't expected to get into her past this much. With a deep breath, she said, "I'm not from this time, I was born around 1000 as the second generation of those born with powers. When an accident occurred I ended up in the void which was how I lost my vision. The magic from void caused me to not age and I didn't get out for a long time, since my time was before the war started I had one admin parent and one watcher,"

The others were shocked, they didn't know what to say. Xelqua had just heard the story before they came in for the fight, but that also reminded him. "By the way when we teleported in..." Xelqua started.

Before he could continue a loud bang sounded from outside and Blaze called out, "Not the ⎓⚍ᓵꖌ again!"

WC~ 1376

A/N: Sorry about this being late, I had a lot on my mind. Mock exam week and I'm already dying after three exams - four left sadly. Lets hope I survive (it's maths tmr so we'll see)

But enjoy!