Chapter 17

Hudson Apartments, Midtown Manhattan, NY

"Do it properly, don't read without feeling like that." The actress's voice sounded very annoyed with Freen's current attitude.

Freen took a deep breath, she read the script again, "These are just flowers, don't make all the colors have meaning. I know he likes them, that's why I planted them now." Freen only read what she saw, she didn't really understand what she read at the moment. Now her eyes were still reading the script silently, Freen waited for the actress beside her to read the reply to the script, but Rebecca didn't say anything. When she looked at the woman sitting next to her, she was surprised because Rebecca looked at her with an angry look, Freen said, "What? I was wrong again?" Yes, Freen misread part of the dialogue.

Rebecca held back her anger, then she said, "I told you before, you're Stevan, not Juliet, that's my line, Freen." This woman doesn't seem to be expected as a training partner. "Why weren't you focused earlier?"

Freen put the manuscript on the table, then she leaned back on the sofa, she said, "I don't like the story." Freen looked at the artist and said again, "Why did you choose a sad story? That man had a tragic ending."

In the script, Stevan is a character with one-sided love, he likes a woman who already has feelings for another man, his best friend. Meanwhile, the man Juliet likes always gives her yellow carnations, as a sign of rejection of the woman's love. Meanwhile, Stevan, who cannot have Juliet's heart, is finally forced to marry another woman because of his family's demands, but is not happy. Until one day, Stevan left his wife, and was always drunk every night, in the end he walked on the bridge singing and jumped off the bridge with a smile. He ended his life like that.

Rebecca sighed, she said, "I like the storyline, Juliet's character is very good."

"Good from where? You have a lot of crying scenes here." Freen had read all the scripts, she had even imagined all the sad stories. Steven and Juliet are characters who both cannot reach their love.

"I think it's good to erase the audience's memories of my previous roles." Psychopath, murderer. For Rebecca, crying is not an obstacle, she can shed tears as quickly as possible. Rebecca said, "Let's try again, remember! You read Steven's, not Juliet or the maid's dialogue. Try to be serious this time." Freen was just playing from earlier, she even read the dialogue from Juliet's sickly grandmother, son, your father and mother want the best for you, don't disappoint us. Freen even imitated the sound of the dying grandmother's coughing.

"Okay," Freen took the manuscript again, she looked at it for a moment, then she said, "You read first, then I." Freen was ready with the script, she was waiting for Rebecca to read what she had read before.

Rebecca nodded, quickly becoming immersed in her character, Juliet. This actress read it with a voice and expression that was very deep into Juliet. Now, the actress doesn't look at all like Rebecca, she said, "I won't give up Steven, he's the man I hoped for. Maybe now he's pushing me away, but I'm sure one day he'll be mine." Rebecca finished that one dialogue smoothly. She waited for Freen to answer the dialogue, but, again, Freen looked confused.

Freen's eyebrows furrowed at the script, the dialogue that Rebecca was reading was not the dialogue that she was paying attention to, she finally said, "Which one are you reading, Patric?" She even flipped through the manuscript, and finally peeked at Rebecca's manuscript, "Oh the dialogue underneath." Freen finally looked for the page again. After a while, she finally found the dialogue, she cheerfully said, "Well! Found it!" Freen smiled broadly. But Rebecca looked at her irritably. The actress slammed the script alongside Freen strongly.

"Never mind, don't continue anymore." She was sulking now, the character she had previously built broke because of Freen's flustered behavior. Rebecca took a deep breath and finally stood up to leave the sofa.