remember that i love you

lana lexi rhee, born a week before the worst day of my life, i was talking to monse and she thought that would be a pretty name.
i remember her everyday, she's the only thing i think about. kayc told me it was okay to miss her but to not really dwell on it.

———
"glenn are you sure you're okay?" carol says, putting a hand on my shoulder.
"i'm okay.." i say as my hands are shaking and i'm tapping my foot loudly on the floor.
someone grabs my shoulders, i didn't want to look at them.
"do you want me to bring you home so you can be alone? i can watch lana" says the person behind, sounds like jerry. i sigh and finally say something.
"okay, thank you by the way.." i say sniffling
"okay let's get you up man" jerry says calmly
he throws my arm over his shoulder and he walks me home.
lane was sitting on my porch, for once, someone i wanted to talk to.
"i wanted to give you something!" says the brightly smiling lane.
"what is it" i say confused
"i found this" she says handing me a folded up picture
i open it, i was a super old picture of me and lexi before the apocalypse, when we went on our first date.
"i went to her childhood home, went into her room and found it and brought back some of the some around" lane says proudly.
my hand is on my mouth, my eyes tear up alittle.
"she was so beautiful.." i say softly.
"she was, wasn't she?" lane says smiling, she puts a hand on my shoulder.
i invite her inside
"what's in the box?" i say confused
"a bunch of things from her room!" she says
she starts taking stuff out of the box.
her books, framed pictures, carl, and sophies baby stuff because she refused to give them away, there it was, my shirts she stole, love notes i had written her. i put my hand on my chest where my heart is, i could feel tears coming but i didn't want to let it out.
lane looks at me.
"hey man, it's okay, you can cry if you need to" she says softly.
i start to break down. my world is gone, she's really gone. i can't believe it.

 i can't believe it