Chapter IV

Tess looked up at the being before him, returning the piercing gaze he was receiving. The man cracked a smile, displaying a glimmering set of fangs. Tess's hands trembled, his resolve crumbling. "H-" "How about you stay outta my way, peasant," Tess was interrupted by the beast, who leaned closer to Tess's face. "Because I won't hesitate to rip your face off," he growled, and Tess spat in his face. He frowned, standing back to his full height. The setting sun cast a gleam across his sepia colored skin. "Then do it, you coward," The king stayed silent. "Well," Tess scoffed, suddenly full of confidence. "It seems like you're still that trembling little flower, Fre-" "YOU WILL NOT CALL ME BY THAT NAME!" he roared, lifting Tess from the ground by his scarf. "It's Blixer now," he spat, emphasizing every syllable.

Tess smirked. "Ooohh, looks like I hit a nerve there," he mocked. Blixer gritted his teeth, tightening his grasp on the person before him. "Poor little baby Fre-" the sound of cracking glass hit Tess's ears. He looked down, staring at Blixer's arm, which had been thrusted through his abdomen. Small specks of bright cyan dripped through the crevices and onto the grass below. Bright light seeped through the cracks in his body, shining through his clothes. "Looks like someone's angry- '' He was flung to the floor with an agonizing thud, and more cracks spread through his body. Blixer glowered at Tess, taking his boot and plunging it into his already wounded stomach. He kept stomping until the guardian was no more than a stain upon the grass. No longer looking at him with that mocking gaze. He looked at the puddle of glass and blood with nothing short of pure hatred before turning around and leaving.

"Tess hasn't come back yet, do you think he's okay?" Cyria pushed back her bright orange hair, eyebrows furrowing in concern. "Don't get too worked up, Cy," Tyra called from across the room, more focused on a bookshelf than her friend. "He's never out this long. Do you think he ran into-" a searing pain erupted from her chest, causing her to double over in agony. "AGH!" she cried, clutching her abdomen tightly. "Cyria!" Tyra dropped the book she was holding and ran over to her friend. The pain spread until both of them were kneeling on the floor, unable to stand up. It went on for an excruciatingly long time, just Cyria and Tyra, holding each other on the floor in pain.

"Cyria! Tyra!" a third person entered the room, shouting in worry. Their light blue hair was a curly mess, covering their eyes. They ran over to the two girls, boots making a loud thumping sound against the wood floor. "Oh goddess, are you two okay!?" As they knelt down, the triangle on their chest began to emit a soft light, immediately soothing the guardians who were previously writhing in pain. "Terris," Cyria breathed heavily. "What... What happened to Tess?"

"He shattered,"

"WHAT!?" the two girls screamed. "What do you mean he shattered!? How!?" Tyra shook her head, ignoring the migraine that threatened to take over her senses.

"Blixer... He's back,"

As much as they wanted to tear that jacket to pieces; to burn it, shred it, and burn it again, they just couldn't. It wasn't the jacket's fault— or anyone's for that matter— but they were still surrounded by dead bodies, and most likely scarred for life. To add salt to the wound, they had no idea where they were. They looked left, then right, then behind, but no clear sign of where to go. "Fck" they whispered to themselves. The only thing left to do was to pick a direction and go without turning back (not like they wanted to anyway). So they looked forward and started walking, trying their hardest to ignore the bodies around them.

y/n almost cried when they saw something other than densely packed trees. They had to rub their eyes to make sure they weren't hallucinating. Once. Then twice. Oh, thank goddess. "I'm out of that damned forest," y/n sighed shakily. They dropped to their knees, heaving heavy breaths. They laid back onto the grass, opening their eyes to look at their surroundings. The sky. It was pink. The sun was gone, too. They were trapped in an everlasting night— until that demon was taken care of, at least.