Back to His Roots

===TIME SKIP===

As the 15-day suspension meted on Sam had lapsed, Sam went on to continue his senior year and eventually graduate from high school with honors.

Meanwhile, Colby decided to drop out of high school and became a male stripper on the day that he turned 18. Because of how much he earned from tips given by loyal customers of the club he works at, Colby was able to rent an apartment.

Despite seeing success in the club where Colby works at, he still remembers Sam beating up and eventually killing Gage in that school brawl. Everyday as he comes back to his apartment, Colby kept vowing to himself that he would seek revenge.

Sam, on the other hand, soon moved out of Kansas to go to college in California when he was granted a scholarship for his degree in filmmaking. After four years, Sam received his bachelor's degree and eventually graduated cum laude from his class.

One day, about four months since his graduation, Sam decided to take a vacation in Kansas. He did not post about his trip on any social media platforms he had accounts on, as he wanted to surprise people who may have known him. As Sam traveled to the neighborhood he grew up in, he was on his way to his parents' house when Brennen suddenly recognized him. Brennen quickly approached Sam and said, "Look at you! All grown up, man!"

Sam smiled and gave Brennen a hug.

He then asked, "How's your life been since high school, Brennen?" Brennen replied, "Well, I pursued an acting degree for college. Then I also did a bit of modelling on the side so I wouldn't need student loans. 'Cause damn, they're hard to pay."

Sam nodded slowly after pulling away.

Then, Brennen asked, "How have you been? It's been a while since that whole... fiasco." Sam said to him, "Oh, you know... I never let that two-week suspension get to me. I honestly think I deserved it. But what I'm really thankful about is that I actually went to college in the first place. I thought no university would ever admit me after what I did to Gage."

All of a sudden, Sam sighed.

Brennen noticed this, so he asked, "Are you alright?" Sam said, "Well... It all just hit me, and now I'm thinking... Does Colby still hate me even after all these years?" Brennen replied, "If I still had contact with Colby, I would tell you the answer. But I don't, so I can't." Sam then asked, "Do you happen to know where Gage's parents buried him? Or was he cremated?"

Brennen nodded.

Before responding, however, Brennen asked back, "Why do you want to know where his parents buried him?" Sam replied, "I wanna pay him some respects, at the very least. 'Cause I know for a fact that Colby will never forgive me until we die, anyway."

Brennen simply nodded in agreement.

After being told where Gage was buried, Sam thanked Brennen before walking to the doorstep of his parents' house. The moment that his father opened the door, Sam immediately came inside and started catching up lost time with his parents since moving away for college. Later that night, Sam looked through Colby's Facebook profile for any and every picture of him and his family visiting Gage's gravestone to help him locate where Gage was buried.

A few minutes of searching Colby's profile on Facebook later, Sam eventually found the name of the cemetery where his family buried Gage and where it was.

Before sleeping, Sam thought to himself, "I wonder how Colby's doing now. He's probably still mad at me until now because I'm the reason why Gage died." Sam sighed sadly to himself and proceeded to cry softly until he eventually fell asleep.

The next day, Sam went to a flower shop.

While looking for a bouquet of white roses, the florist asked, "Are you planning to give flowers for anyone you're seeing, Sir?" Sam replied, "Oh, please don't start." He then made up a lie and continued speaking, telling the florist, "I'm visiting a dead relative of mine today." The florist suddenly said, "Oh, I am so sorry for that inappropriate joke, Sir."

Sam proceeded to pay for the bouquet of roses.

Once Sam left the flower shop, he made his way to the cemetery. As he arrived a few minutes later, Sam thought, "This is the right place... isn't it?" He grabbed his phone and looked at the location of Gage's gravestone in Colby's Facebook profile.

Sam was soon assured a few moments later that he went to the correct cemetery. So, he went inside and spent a few minutes looking for Gage's gravestone.

To be continued in the Last Part...