|| Chapter 18 ||

You were with Cade, Shane and Tessa, walking alongside a couple trains as you were on the opposite side of Cade and his daughter.

"Dad, I'm tired of running and stealing." Tessa said, setting down a few things.

"A place to sleep." Cade said, climbing onto a train.

"Yeah, just another break in." Shane deadpanned.

You hopped on up quickly, waiting for Shane to break the door open to the train so that the four of you could enter as it was getting dark rather quickly.

\/ Time Skip \/

Tessa was sleeping on the couch while you were sat one chair down from Cade with your legs propped up onto another chair.

Cade and Shane were sitting in front of each other on their own chairs.

If you had it your way, you would've been with Optimus and the others at the moment instead of spending another night with the yeagers and Shane.

Optimus didn't want you getting sick, bit by bugs, getting remotely cold or even so much as scratched, so he sent you off with them after a couple protests from BumbleBee saying he wanted you close by.

"Y'know, when I was your age. I liked to get a little wild. I liked cars, girls." Cade said, before pausing. "But then there was Tessa. And when she was born, all I ever wanted out of life was for her to be happy and safe."

Cade looked at her sleeping, Shane doing the same as you picked at your nails.

"Somehow I thought I'd always be enough to protect her. But I won't be. I'll never be. So somebody better be." Cade said, looking to Shane who simply sighed. "Thanks for being here today, Lucky Charms."

You looked down at the ground for a brief moment before looking back up and around.

"Well, thanks for not shooting me when you had the chance." Shane deadpanned, turning his head a little.

"Oh, I'll have more." Cade whispered.

"Yeah, I can see that." Shane responded.

"But would you take it?" You asked, breaking your silence, tilting your head at Cade who didn't respond.

You knew the two were getting a little more comfortable with each other, but it was still worth asking as they still had their flaws. Flaws that didn't go unnoticed by you or the rest of the Autobots, even Tessa.

\/ Time Skip \/

It was morning, and Optimus held you in his hand carefully as Bee was sat on a train, Cade having a phone out that had Joshua Joyce on the other line.

You assumed he was already in China, as he had gotten a head-start since he wasn't the one captured by lockdown or being actively hunted by any government ran places.

"We've intercepted the encrypted communications. Joshua Joyce is headed to his factory in Guangzhou, China." Drift said, nodding as he took his fingers off of his helm.

Drift looked to Cade, who was speaking with Joshua Joyce.

"Hey, big shot. Your company's in serious trouble." Cade said, pausing as you assumed he received a response. "Really? Well, you better have a great one 'cause you're about to be responsible for the annihilation of a city."

Cade began to pace a little, you exchanging looks with Optimus as he held you close to him, the both of you knowing exactly how this conversation would turn out.

It was a risky conversation to have over the phone, but it was a risk that you and the Autobots were willing to take to get the seed out of KSI and the governments hand, as it wasn't something that should be taken lightly.

This could Cost you your planet along with the millions of species living on it, and this included the human species.

"Now, you listen to me. Your tech has been hacked. Your prototypes are infected. And now Galvatron is after that seed. Look, I know you have a conscience because you're an inventor, like me. Do not let Galvatron anywhere near that seed." He paused, another response. "Deep down, I know you know. Your prototype's been controlling you."

Cade pulled the phone down, before looking to Drift who was examining his sword, keeping a straight face to the ex-Decepticon.

"How fast can that thing get us halfway around the world?" Cade asked.

"Very. It's a spaceship." Drift informed him.

You looked over and heard the sounds of a helicopter and several sirens, hound and bumblebee getting up to move around a little to go see what the noises were all about and what they meant.

Shane stood as Cade and him walked over to Tessa who was behind a tree and watching the cop cars and helicopter enter the area.

You leaned over, watching it happen.

"If we're travelling, now's the time." Hound said.

"All I want is to have our life back. It's your call. Whatever you want." Cade said, looking to Tessa. "Are we safer on our own, or are we safer with them?"

"Dumb question." You commented, Optimus sending you a fond look as the two of you watched from afar.

Tessa looked back and began to walk to where Bee previously was, leaving the two behind.

"She's a keeper." Shane said. "Must take after her mom."

"I can't argue with that, kid." Cade deadpanned.

\/ Scene Swap \/

You were on the ground, walking beside Tessa who was walking onto the ship, though you were walking backwards to get a better look at the group.

"Move! We're retrieving the seed. But then we're done defending the humans." Optimus said, waving the Autobots on as Bee got onto the ship.

"What, done? What do you mean, you're done?" Cade asked.

"Means 'finished,' 'see ya,' 'good-bye.'" Crosshairs informed him with a grin.

"Human part stands for me, you, Shane and Tessa if that wasn't clear either, Yeager. Try reading a dictionary, might find a few things that'll be of help." You said, before turning to walk straight.

As the cop cars got closer and everyone was on, the ship began to take off before they could get there, causing quite the uproar or dust.

You immediately took your place near Drift and Bee, Drift still examining his sword a little bit and sharpening it as Crosshairs and Hound took their respective places.