[ 065 ] house of gaunt & cordelia malfoy

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜𝗜 ━━ 𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗢𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗜𝗗𝗗𝗟𝗘
066. house of gaunt & cordelia malfoy

          𝗦𝗜𝗥𝗜𝗨𝗦 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗦𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗟𝗘𝗧 𝗛𝗔𝗩𝗘 𝗔𝗡 𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗥𝗘𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗦𝗛𝗜𝗣. It did not resemble the close alliance and friendship between the Blacks and Bridgets over the last century which was created due to their wealth and power. Nobody wants the House of Black as an enemy, and nobody wants the Bridget family as an enemy either. Their union proved them to be beyond indestructible to the other Sacred 28 families. 

      The Blacks had always been wealthier—although the Bridgets' sheer elegance overpowered them in some ways. Whilst the Blacks created fear with their status and last name, Bridgets drilled such an immense amount of respect for their name onto everyone's skulls, the population of the Wizarding World was afraid of uttering any discourteous comment about them, considering it sinful.

      Sirius Black was well aware of the pure happiness Walburga and Orion Black would find in their hearts if his relationship with Bridget escalated. Hell, his mother's eyes twinkled every time Scarlet's name would be mentioned, context overruled. 

      His rebellious tactics meant a lot to him, he found that to be his greatest quality. 

      Despite being in his three best friends' company during breakfast in the Great Hall, his mind was opened to a plethora of intrusive thoughts, most of which consisted of the newfound electricity burrowing deep into his core.

      That electricity surpassed the idea of mere attraction (everybody was attracted to her without a doubt) and turned into something more

      Not only that, but his gaze was seemingly in a world of its own — eyes constantly and involuntarily gravitating toward the blonde girl at the opposing end of the Hall. He forced himself to look away. But only a moment or two later, Sirius would find himself drawn to looking upon the sophisticated soul once again until her appearance was indefinitely scorched to his memory. Silky hair is thrown up in a tight ponytail, the silver on her tie glittering, and the pitch-black of her robes creating a damning contrast to her skin, determination glinting in her cobalt eyes.

      Her laugh was graceful—but never as loud as it should be, and her smile was never larger than intended. Her smile is at its fullest around me, he dwelled on the thought.