Chapter Two

I woke up suddenly and he was hovering over my head. "What the hell?" I said the first thing that came to my mind. "I thought I died." "You did." He said sadly. "So why am I still here?" I was so confused. "Well your not exactly alive, your kind of a living dead person." That was a shoker because all my life I tried to stay away from those who talk about the living dead and vampires and werewolfs. But now I was the one i tried to stay away from all my life. I'm the one people told stories about on halloween when i was six. I'm a vampire. "I'm thirsty, can I have some more wine?" "Yeah." Then he was suddenly a gentleman and he poured me a glass and brought it to the couch where I was sitting. "Thanks." I whispered. He turned the television on to some little kid show. "So is this what you watch?" I asked. "No, I don't usually watch TV." "Oh." I replied. "Well I'll be right back." He told me randomly. "Wait, can I come?" "No you'll burn." He sounded so calm and composed. "Well won't you?!?!?" "No, I have this ring." He showed me the ring. It was a mix of gold and black. It also had a yellow canary diamond in the center. "Touche." He smiled and wen't out the door. I still couldn't leave so i sat alone in the dark. I decided to let some light in on the situation. When I opened the curtain I didn't feel anything. Then I began to burn. I snapped the curtain shut. "Well I feel like an idiot. Blake told me not to go in the sun so I did." I was laughing after that. I turned the lamp on and thought of Andrew. I need to call him. I thought. I picked up my jeans that I were wearing and grabbed my rasberry portable out of the front pocket. Suprisingly there was no damage. I scrolled through my contacts until I came to the name Andrew Sykes. I pushed the call button and 10 seconds later he picked up. "Hello?" He sounded sad. "Hey, Andy, how are you?" "Pissed." "Why?" "My hamster Lenny died." "Awww..." "Desiree, When are you coming home?" He rarely used my name. Usually he just used Hunny or Babe. But never my name. "Ummm... I don't know." "Well where are you?" "Sitting in a resteraunt." "Which one?" "I don't know it's name." "Dessy, are you drunk?" "No!" "Kay. Just checking." Then Blake walked in. "Hey Andy, I have to go. Love you." "love you too." He said as he hung up. "Whats your name?" Blake asked. "Desiree." "Last name?" I go by Sykes but my real last name is Montree." Well it's raining, come with me." "But I can't leave." I protested. "You can now." He grabbed me by my arm and pulled me out the door. We walked down the street to the cemetery. We headed right towards lot AD3. "I don't really wanna be here." "Too bad." We walked up to two head stones. One said Desiree Montree, and the other said Andrew Sykes. "Why are you dead?" "My parents, before they died, faked Andrew and I's death." "Who's Andrew?" "My boyfriend." "When was the last time you talked to him?" "Before you walked in." "Shit." "What?" I asked. "Did you tell him what you are?" "No." What did you tell him?" "I told him I was at a resteraunt." "And." Blake had the face of a Demon. "And he thought I was drunk because I didn't know what resteraunt I was at. He asked when I was coming home." What did you tell him?" "I told him not to worry and that I was safe." "Ughh. We are not off to a good start. You've pissed me off already." "Oh what ever," I said angrily. "Well I'll just go back to Andy and tell him what I am and he can tell everone because I won't be able to stop him, Since I can't go in sunlight!" "Fuck you Desiree, Fuck You." I began to run but he was infront of me in a flash. "LEAVE ME ALONE BLAKE!" I yelled, half anger, half tears. Then he took me by the shoulders and looked into my eyes. "You will stay with me and never leave. You will not talk to andrew." "I will stay with you and never talk to Andrew again." I said dazed. Then I snapped from his grip and we went back to his home. It stopped raining and it was getting sunny. When we were inside he asked me more questions. "Where are you from?" He asked me. "New York." "The why are you here?" "I came to visit my sister but now she's dead in the corner." "Sorry about that." He said with a deep frown. "Now what?" "Well, I have a person I want you to meet." "Okay?" I said, confused."Be right back." He told me again. He came back 20 miniutes later. He had a woman with him. She looked about 21 or so. Blonde hair, grey eyes, typicall person. "This is Janelle." She was struggling in his arms. He tightened his grip and she stopped. She began to cry. "Let me go!" She pleaded. "Shut up." He commanded. "Hello." I said. She stared me down. "Janelle here, is a witch, she's also a complete devil." I tensed and Blake's hands suddenly flew off Janelle. He fell into the corner, frowning. "Grab her." He told me. I followed her and suddenly I was in the corner on top of Blake. I rolled off of him in pain. "See, a devil." Blake said, trying to smile. I looked towards where she was standing and she was gone. "I'll go get her." Blake said. He tossed me a ring that looked like his. "What's this for?" "Put it on and you won't burn in sunlight." "Oh, so do I follow you?" I asked, putting the ring on. "Yeah." "Cool." We walked to the diner. Andrew was sitting at the table in the corner. I began to walk towards him. Blake grabbed me by the shoulder and spun me around. "What was that for?" I asked, trying to not make a big deal about it. "You aren't talking to him, remember?" "No, I don't." "Well, you aren't." He said looking into my eyes again. I snapped out of his gaze and ran over to Andrew. He looked up at me and smiled. He stood up and hugged me. "Sit down." He said softly. "I sat across from him. "So how are you?" He asked. "Fine." I said. "You don't sound fine." "Well I am." I said strictly. A waitress came to our table. "Can I get you anything sweetie?" She asked me. "Sure, can I have a glass of water?" "Sure." She said and walked off. "Where have you been?" He asked me with an worried tone in his voice. "With a person." "Who." I could tell he was angry. I've only seen him angry once and that was when he found me bleeding in a corner at the beginning of the year. He tracked the person who did it and killed them. I helped him take care of the body, after that we never spoke of it. "A kid Blake." "Where is he?" He asked standing up. "Hey." "What?" "Come with me." I said grabbing his arm. He and I passed by Blake holding hands. Blake followed and I flipped him off. I looked back and he just smiled. I groaned and began to walk faster. Soon we were at an old used car lot. "Follow me." I said walking ahead of him. He ran after me and soon we were at the back of the car lot. I opened the door to an old camaro and got in. He climbed in after me. I heard the faint breathing of Blake. I knew Andrew didn't hear it so I didn't mention it. "Why are we here?" He asked me. "Can I trust you with a secret?" "You know that." He told me. "Well, I'm a vampire." His mouth fell open.