Dreaming of Mars

Aarav sat in his small, cluttered apartment in the heart of Mumbai, surrounded by stacks of books on space exploration, a laptop open to an article about Mars missions, and a homemade model rocket sitting on his desk. He had always been fascinated by the cosmos, and his dreams had taken a cosmic turn lately.

Aarav's family gathered around the dining table, savoring the aroma of his mother's homemade dosas. He couldn't contain his excitement any longer. With a determined gleam in his eyes, he looked up from his laptop and said, "I've made a decision, everyone."

His younger sister, Priya, who had been engrossed in her phone, glanced up. "What is it, Aarav?"

Aarav's father, Mr. Deshmukh, looked up from his newspaper. "Yes, son, tell us."

Aarav took a deep breath. "I'm going to Mars."

Silence fell over the room as his family exchanged puzzled glances.

His mother, Mrs. Deshmukh, spoke first. "Mars? Aarav, you're an engineer, not an astronaut. What are you talking about?"

Aarav smiled, his determination unwavering. "I've been researching. There's a private space exploration company planning to send civilians on a mission to Mars. They're looking for someone with a passion for exploration, and I believe that's me."

His father raised an eyebrow. "Mars is no joke, Aarav. It's a perilous journey. Are you sure about this?"

Aarav nodded. "I've never been more sure of anything in my life. This is my dream, Dad."

Priya leaned in, her eyes filled with curiosity. "What can we do to help, Aarav?"

Aarav's face lit up with gratitude. "I'll need your support. Financially, emotionally, and in every other way possible. I'm going to chase my dream, but I can't do it alone."

Mr. Deshmukh put down his newspaper and looked at his son with a mixture of pride and concern. "If this is what you truly want, Aarav, we're behind you all the way."

Mrs. Deshmukh reached across the table and squeezed Aarav's hand. "We'll figure out a way to make it happen, beta."

Priya smiled and said, "You're going to Mars, Aarav. That's incredible!"

Aarav's family may not have fully understood the magnitude of his dream, but they knew one thing for certain: Aarav was determined to reach for the stars, and they were ready to support him on his journey to Mars, no matter how extraordinary it seemed.