Chapter 1

The world around her was of endless colors. Mostly consisting of blue. She was swimming in a vast ocean. A school of fish to her left and coral reefs to her right. The fish swam in a hurry while the coral reefs welcomed its residents. The sunlight shone from above, casting its light on everything beneath the surface of the ocean. It was an amazing sight to behold. Suddenly, the ocean grew darker, the colors fading away. Darkness soon took hold.

Caverns of the deep that had existed for millions of years entered her vision. Why the sudden change of scenery? She wanted to go back to where it was lighter, but she was unable to move herself in the opposite direction. She had to follow forward. The darkness soon ebbed away, turning into light. However, this light was not sunlight. It was something very different. Something she was not used to seeing. The light seemed to flow downward in a liquid format.

The liquid turned into tendrils of steam. What was this she was seeing? She didn't understand it. The light soon showed what appeared to be an underwater city. This wasn't Atlantis, was it? No. It couldn't be. There were figures of a creature. Something about the creature was familiar to her. The statues took a backseat as that liquid light became brighter leading to a hallway with many pillars on either side of her.

The pillars and hallway itself were massive and then a staircase appeared. The staircase was on top of a pyramid. She couldn't help but be reminded of the Egyptians and the Mayans with the structures around her. She reached the top of the pyramid-like structure and looked up at the liquid light. It was surrounding her now...

She awoke with a start thanks to her chiming alarm clock. She groaned, turning over in her plush bed to hit the off button on the loud device. The clock ceased its sound making and the girl put an arm over her face, covering her eyes. She sighed. The scenery from her dream felt real. Too real. She had been seeing it almost every time she went to sleep now. Why was that?

Before she could ponder more, her cellphone rang. She picked it up, sliding her thumb across the screen to answer the incoming call.

"Hello?" she spoke groggily.

"Hey Y/N! Just giving a good morning call!" an enthusiastic voice answered at the other end.

"Yeah, good morning, Nathan."

"I know you just woke up, but I got some big news to share with you!"

"Could you tell me in person? Besides, we'll be seeing each other at school soon enough. I really need to get ready."

Nathan sighed. "Alright, but hurry! You're gonna love what I have to say! See you later!"

"Okay. See ya." She tapped the end button and sighed. 'I cannot have this much excitement first thing in the morning.' She shook her head and smiled. Nathan was always like that. She had met him back in high school, in sophomore year. The two became inseparable thanks to their love of sci-fi shows and books. She was grateful they could keep in touch after high school and was surprised to see that they were even going to the same university.

Both attended Apple Blossom University. They were in their last year of college and felt the intensity of finishing strong. They both wanted good marks to potentially be hired somewhere worthwhile. Y/N decided to study Marine Biology while Nathan pursued Zoology. Both fields were similar, but Nathan always found land animals much more intriguing while the opposite was said for Y/N. Y/N always enjoyed the ocean since she was little and wanted to learn more about it and the animals that swim in it.

Y/N jumped out of her bed and rushed to her walk-in closet. She decided she would wear a simple (favorite color) t-shirt, jeans, and black sneakers. Getting dressed, she walked into her kitchen to work on making a smoothie. She decided she would make a berry smoothie filled with blue berries, strawberries, and raspberries. She put all the berries and other ingredients together in a tall cup, placing the cup on the blender. She put a lid on top of the cup and turned the blender on.