Above the God's eye

The wind has been howling around him, cooling his head and blood. It has been two days since Alys told him where to find his uncle. He needs to kill him; it has to be him; he is the one responsible for Jaehaerys death and for the most important reason, his uncle dares to stand in his way. He knows it won't be easy and perhaps he's flying into a trap, but Alys visions never mislead him.
Alys has been quiet over the whole flight so far, lost in her own thoughts just like him. Sometimes he asks himself if she resents him for killing her kin, he's not sorry for it, but she knows it. They were traitors, the whole bunch of them-surrendering Harrenhal without a fight to his uncle. He only enacted the King's Justice, and as Prince regent, executing it in the King's stead was his duty.
Looking down, he only sees burned fields, destroyed villages, and the remains of eaten livestock-all his and Vhagar's doing. He doesn't really have a reason for this brutality, he has been wasting his time in the Riverlands while Kings Landing fell towards the whore of Dragonstone, oh how he wishes he could show her Daemons head, throw it at her feet and see the devastation on her face, just like Helaena suffered after the butcher took his nephews head. He also thought about his mother, lost in Rhaenyra's clutches, he never attempted to rescue her or Helaena.
During his time in the Riverlands with Alys he discovered that he did not want to; he wanted glory and to bring fire and blood to his enemies, and that's what he did, unleashing his most trusted companion on the traitors. He also thought of Ser Criston, his mother's loyal friend, and the man who taught him how to fight; they did not depart in a friendly manner; they had a falling out about what course of action to take.

Ser Criston wanted to march south and link up with Daeron; he didn't want that; the glory of winning this war was his and his alone, not Daeron's or Criston's. So he let Criston ride out alone to march south; little did he know at that time he would send his mentor and mother's most trusted friend to his death. He did not want to imagine how his mother would look at him should he ever see her again, it made something in him break. He knows that the unpleasant feeling inside him is guilt, he felt it when Vhagar tore Lucerys in pieces, when he saw his Nephews's headless body, when he looked at Helaena wasting away, and when he carried Aegon's broken body away from the reckless attack he unleashed on his brother and Rhaenys. He discovered he hated to feel like this and turned it into fuel for his hatred instead of confronting it. He would rather let the Riverlands suffer for what he did; he can't do anything to change what happened besides carrying on. He hopes his mother will accept him back when he presents her with Daemon's head; it's his duty.

Letting his thoughts rest, the prince checked his own and the chains of his lover. After that, he closed his eyes and leaned back slightly against his Alys.

"Alys, wake me up when you spot the first sign of Harrenhal, I need to rest for the fight." he whispered against his lover's neck
Alys did not say anything but went with her hand through his hair, silently confirming his request.

----------

When Vhagar touched the ground, he quickly freed himself of the chains and climbed down his dragon. He then proceeded to help Alys down, but due to her late-stage progress in pregnancy, she was not capable of climbing down Vhagar. After he settled her down, he turned around and stared at his uncle Daemon. He wore black armor that reminded him of dragon scales, and at his hip was Dark Sister, the famous Valyrian sword of their ancestor Visenya Targaryen. Aemond had arrived in his own set of armor, a sword at his hip, ready for the fight.
"Nuncle, I heard you have been seeking us," he said.

His uncle Daemon just raised his eyebrow and let his eye wander from him to Alys before settling back on him. "Only you." his uncle replied, amused. "Who told you where to find me?"

Upon his uncle's question, he let out a chuckle and nodded his head toward Alys "My lady," he answered. "She saw you in a stormcloud, in a mountain pool at dusk, in the fire we lit to cook our supper. She sees much and much more, my Alys." He boasted prideful of his Alys; she helped him through many conflicts he had in himself and steered him through the darkness of his black heart only to find the light she offered. "You were a fool to come alone." His uncle really was; he would've liked to have an audience for when he would slay the Bloodwyrm and its rider.