026 ⋆ 20 stitches in a hospital room.

"IM IN THE HOSPITAL." valentine softly said, chris sat up immediately.

"what do you mean you're in the hospital?" chris asked, the worry in his voice was clear.

val sighed, "i was in a car crash." the she explained, chris started whisper — yelling into the phone inaudibly. "i'm fine but can you come? i need you right now." she whispered.

chris, who was already standing, "i'll be there in ten."

"chris it takes twenty minutes to get here, chris, chris!" she spoke to the already hung — up phone. she made a face then awkwardly smiled at the doctor who was wrapping her cast for her wrist.

the brunette boy ran down the stairs and stood in front of the door, he started frantically checking his pockets. "shit, where are my keys." he frustratedly continued checking his sweater and pants pockets with no keys. he ran back up the stairs and tore apart his room without seeing his keys, he ran back downstairs and checked everywhere he could've possibly put them.

"what's wrong with you? calm the fuck down." nick glared.

chris gave his brother a dirty look, "no, i cant. where are my fucking keys?!" he panically yelled.

"stop!" matt screeched, "what the hell is wrong with you?"

chris groaned loudly, "i need my keys!" he ignored matt.

"WHY?" nick yelled, chris flexed his hand out and squinted his eyes.

chris yelled, "valentine is in the hospital. can you guys get off your asses and help me look for my fucking keys?" matt and nick looked at each other and both sat up very quickly. they didn't say another word as they found the keys, chris just grabbed them and left. he sped down the roads as fast as he could, luckily without getting pulled over. "um — what room is valentine miller in?" he asked the receptionist.

"224." the receptionist made a fake smile as chris started sprinting down the halls of the hospital.

he finally found the room to see valentine sat on the bed, a smile grew as she saw the boy. "hi." she whispered.

"how are you? are you okay?" chris worriedly asked, he ran so fast to her side he practically teleported.

valentine had a sad smile on her face, the crash was a blur, it was all jumbled together and she worried for the uber driver and the other car. "it's kinda sore, it feels stiff." she lifted her arm that had the cast around her lower arm. chris scanned her face to see her emotions, that mission was cut short when he noticed the stitches in her forehead. he searched the rest of her body for more cuts to see a few bruises and a few bloody patches. he moved her hair behind her ears to see the full extent of the stitches, "it's not as bad as it looks."

"have you looked at it?" he sarcastically remarked, valentine giggled in response. "i'm so glad you're alright." he mumbled but valentine heard it perfectly, it was like music to her ears.

the dirty blonde haired girl smiled, her eyes were on his. she softly gazed at him and he returned the same gaze. "you worried about me, sturniolo?" she teased.

"yeah, never scare me like that again." he grabbed her hand, even though they have held hands thousands of times however this time was different. very different. in the middle of their relationship, the amount of butterflies became relatively normal but this time felt like the very first. "when are they going to let you leave?"

valentine sighed happily, "hopefully soon. do you think i can nap in here before they discharge me?" she rested her head on his shoulder, their interlocked fingers moved to his thigh.

"yeah. i'll wake you up when the doctors come by next." he kindly smiled, let go of valentines hand ( much to her dismay. ) and stood up to go sit on the chair in the corner.

valentine looked at him — stared at him. "the fuck are you doing?" she almost angrily shrugged, "get back in this stupid bed." chris didn't put up a fight, he'd actually much rather lay in the bed with val than sit in the uncomfortable chair. he laid in the bed beside her, she moved on her side and he followed. he moved his arms around her shoulders, valentine sighed and shut her eyes.

"why'd you sleep on the floor?" she asked, referring to when she slept in his bed when she was drunk after the party.

"didn't want you to be uncomfortable." he whispered back, "and i didn't want you to puke on me." valentine laughed and hit him.

a few minutes later, when the room was still and cold, valentine finally fell asleep. eventually valentine turned around, her head was buried into his neck, chris moved his hand to cover her back, her leg was over his. he put his hand in her hair, admiring it, he placed a kiss on her forehead. "i think i love you." he whispered, thinking she was asleep — spoiler alert she wasn't.

💌
can u guys tell when i forgot that i broke her arm 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
i love this chapter sm.