'We're pregnant!'

‘Scott?’ Carol sings, pushing his tall wooden doors open, revealing a snoring Santa Claus. Walking over to him slowly, Carol taps the bearded man's shoulder, causing him to jump in his round armchair. ‘Scott’ 

‘Carol,’ Scott hums, looking up at her, unaware of the extra guests. ‘Wanna get outta here?’ He winks, making his wife chuckle slightly as he pulls her closer to him. ‘Scott’ Carol giggles, placing her lips on his. 

Noel and Bernard raise a brow, watching as the two adults in front of them grow redder than their clothing. ‘Are we like this?’ Noel whispers into the head elf’s ears, causing him to leave closer. ‘No. Not in front of him at least.’ Bernard whispers into his snowflake’s ear, his warm breath brushing against her neck, causing shivers to run down her body. 

Turning back to the happy, married couple, Bernard coughs slightly, catching his boss's attention. Scott pulls away from an overly blushed Carol, turning his head slightly. ‘Were they there the whole time?’ Carol nods, still giggling to herself. Sitting himself up and straightening up, Scott brushes out his now ruffled beard before turning to the elf couple. 

‘Hello you two.’ He crackles, shuffling slightly. Carol places herself on the arm of the chair, leaning into Scott slightly. 

‘Scott.’ Noel chuckles.

‘Santa.’ The head elf nods, before walking over to his desk, pulling the chair towards Noel before grabbing himself one. ‘We need to talk.’

‘I’ve heard that before.’ Scott rolls his eyes, causing a small smack on the belly from his wife. ‘Let them speak.’ 

‘Scott, we’ve got some news.’ Noel smiles, taking a seat in the chair. ‘It’s not massive, really important news but it’s about me and Bernard and our relationship and we think it’s a big step in the relationship but it might not be but I’m really excited and I really love the idea and I’ve already said yes and-’

‘What she means is..’ Bernard butts in as Noel grows redder, looking like she’s about to pass out. ‘I’ve asked Noel a pretty big question.’ 

Scott instantly leans forward from his seat, raising his brows at the couple, a slight hint of anger in his eye. ‘What?!’ 

Catching on Noel steps in front of a slightly confused Bernard. ‘No, Scott. Not that question.’ She panics, waving her hands in front of herself. The red man slumps back into his comfy armchair, wiping the panic sweat from his brow. Bernard looks to Noel, the same confusion covers his face resulting in an eye roll from Noel. Leaning into his side, she whispers the question her uncle was thinking into his growing red, pointy ear. 

The red glow on the head elf’s face tells the room she’d told him the specific question, ‘Oh, oh. No, Sir. What Noel said. ‘Not that question.’’  He stumbles over his words, fiddling with the sliding beret on his bed of curls. 

‘Then which one?’ Carol asks, raising herself slightly. Noel looks to Bernard with a smile, chuckling slightly at his flustered cheeks, capturing the glitter shining off them. Bernard asked me to move in with him.’  

‘Wow!’ Scott spoke, no expression on his face. ‘That’s news.’ 

Bernard slides his hand into hers, smiling at the relief growing on Scott’s face. ‘I’m happy she wanted to.’ 

‘You don’t snore do you?’ Noel points to her lover, jokingly. Laughing back he nudges his elbow into her side causing the Claus’ to join in the laughter. 

‘Scott,’ Noel announces as she slowly wipes laughing tears from her cheeks, ‘Carol said you had news for us?’ Scott and Carol stop their laughing and look to each other, the glow on Carol’s face growing brighter. 

‘Uh, yes. Yes we do.’ Scott coughs, slipping his hand into Carol’s, clearing his throat once again. ‘Carol?’ He looks up to her with an eagerly smile. 

‘I thought you were going to tell them?’ She whispers to him, leaving the other couple standing there in an awkward silence. ‘It’s about you.’ Scott retaliates, ‘It’s about you as well.’ 

‘It’s the both of us.’ 

‘I’m too nervous, you do it.’ 

‘Carol!’ Scott chuckles, looking back at Noel and Bernard standing before them. Pulling her closer to his ear, he whispers something into her ear. ‘Together?’ Carol nods before the pair turn back.

‘We’re pregnant!’ 

‘Oh my garland!’ Noel cheers, letting go of the head elf’s hand, running over to Carol before pulling her into a deep hug, being careful not to squash her belly. ‘Careful, Noel!’ Scott chuckles, pulling her away from his wife. 

‘She’s fine, Scott.’ Carol laughs as Noel hugs her uncle. Standing back she smiles at Carol before pulling her into another hug. 

Bernard approaches Scott, raising his eyebrows at him. ‘Congratulation, Santa.’ They exchange a sturdy handshake, ‘A baby. That’s big.’ He continues, returning his hand to the other behind his back.

‘This is big.’ Scott jokes, tapping his fingers on his stomach. ‘Hopefully she doesn’t get this big.’ He continues to laugh as Noel and Carol return to their partners' sides. 

‘This is cause for a celebration.’ Noel chimes, placing a kiss on Bernard’s glittering cheek. ‘Cider everyone? Don’t worry, Carol, I’ll get you and baby a nice hot cocoa.’ Still chiming, she exits the office and heads towards the kitchens. 

‘She’s going to be a handful, Bernard.’ Scott utters, running his fingers through his white beard. The head elf turns from the door, facing his boss and his wife. ‘I’ll manage. I have so far.’ The room fills with laughter and warmth.

A baby! How lovely.