EC 62: As Chaos Descends

After the alpha left, Mykel contacted all of his connections to see if they could compile all the of the information, they have regarding vampires that they have in stock. It took them roughly five days to organize all of it into a single file before he contacted the alpha.

Elder Leonides together with the alpha visited the mayor to get the file. "Sorry if it took a little bit long to give you the file. We needed to organize all of the data and information first before I can give it to you." He pointed at the bounded file placed on the table. "All information we collected about them are in there. I don't know if it will be helpful to you but I think you can find relevant information in there."

"Thank you and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here," Amber nodded at the elder's direction. Elder Leonides picked up the file and started to go through it while the alpha and the mayor continued on with their conversation.

"How is the pack and the issue with those rogues?" Mykel asked with concern since according to the alpha, it seems that vampires were involved and if that was the case then it will only make things more complicated than what it is now.

"We are doing what we can and besides the other packs have tightened their security and the special unit are doing their best to investigate the leads we have so far. Once we confirm that vampires are indeed involved in this event, we will have a clearer clue as to why they are doing this." Amber looked at the elder who was busy reading the information then returned her attention to Mykel.

"Vampires, I'm glad that we have included them in our archives. I did not think that a day like this would come when all those almost forgotten information will be useful to us." Up till now, Mykel could not yet believe that there were still vampires that would be willing to work with rogues to create chaos among the packs.

"That's why I want you to be careful Mykel if news that you were helping us get out, then you might be in danger." She had a frown on her face while speaking those words. The safety of her people was still her priority.

"You don't need to worry. I'll be careful and besides I have also upped the security of Cartnan after that conference and I have instructed my people to keep a look out just in case something might happen." Even without Amber's warning, Mykel was a cautious person so after the conference that the alphas held, he did not fall behind and immediately instructed his people to be alert.

Amber nodded and did not answer. It was very like him to move into action which was good. "If any problem may arise in the future contact me immediately."

The room fell into silence and only the sound of paper being flipped could be heard. They were waiting for the elder's assessment on the information if it will be helpful for them of not.

After a long silence, the elder was finally done with the last page then he carefully placed the file on the table. "How was it?" Amber was leaning on the chair and was expecting good news from the elder.

"It has a lot of information and they will be useful for us. Although it only contains a small list of vampires, it was still a big clue for us because from that we can track their subordinates one by one." He was satisfied with what he had read and there was a huge smile on his face while he was nodding his head continuously.

"That's good then. Thank you for the help, Mykel," she stood up and patted Mykel's shoulder. "You can contact Ceurian anytime."

They left the mayor's office while Amber went to visit Xander once again since they will be leaving. They already got what they had come for in Cartnan. She was hoping to have one last dinner with the man before they leave.

"Let's have dinner," she invited him after he was done with his work. Xander looked at her in confusion at the sudden invitation.

"Did something happen?" he stood up from his seat and fixed the documents on his table then picked up his coat.