Chapter 6

LISA MATHEWS had come back home after having gotten her nails done she was actually looking forward to having a relaxing lie down on the sofa in the living room. Maybe she could catch up on some of the TV shows she had missed out on lately.

Days like this didn't usually come along anymore for Lisa. There was no work. No laundry to do, and no child or husband whom she needed to cook or clean up after. Her excitement changed however when she walked into the living room to see that Alan was feet up with his laptop resting on his lap. He was lost deep in something on the computer as he didn't look up or say anything to her as she walked past him and sat down on the single seater.

"I'm guessing you aren't watching this?" She asked, leaning over and grabbing the remote from the coffee table.

"Wait. I need to see how this ends." Alan shouts.

"See how what ends?"

Alan stopped typing and looked up at the large fifty-inch television screen. "It's...erm...what do you call it? You know?"

"Just admit it. You don't know what this is do you?" She threw the remote onto the sofa by Alan's feet.

"Of course I do. Now, why did you do that?" He wines pulling himself forward—propping his laptop above his head—reaching for the thrown remote. "It's erm..." He pressed the middle button of the remote to reveal further information. "It's...yeah...it's this see. Bargain Hunt."

"Bargain Hunt?" She laughed. "Since when do you watch Bargain Hunt?"

"All the time!" He said going back into his land of code and typing away at the keys on his laptop.

"Fine. Alright then, I guess I'll just go a sit upstairs and watch TV then."

"Okay."

Okay? Bastard, I just want to watch MY TV for a change. In here on my own, with the endless noise of typing and without the endless moaning about what is on!

Lisa pushed herself up from the single seater and walked towards the doorway. "Fine then." She finished, leaving and walking up the staircase.

She supposed it was nice to watch TV upstairs in bed every once in a while. But watching TV in bed because you have to just wasn't cutting it. If only he could have just stopped being so egotistical and let her change the channel, she thought.

Lisa's phone buzzed on the bed next to her.

Am I coming over later to finish what we started? x

The text from James read, and a smile broke on Lisa's face. It quickly fluttered away when she remembered her husband was downstairs.

Alan is home all day :(

Lisa replies before throwing her phone back down onto the bed beside her. She looked back up to the television as the adverts were still playing. How long is the ad-break getting nowadays?

"Hey, Honey?" Alan's voice shouted from downstairs. What the hell does he want now? I've only been up here for - looks at watch - twelve minutes!"

"Yeah?" Lisa calls back, not moving from her position on the large king-sized bed.

"Do we have any more sugar?" He shouts.

"What?" What?

"Do we have any more sugar? There is none left in the tin."

"One second," Lisa growls, forcefully pushing herself to her feet. Making damned sure that Alan could hear every single one of her stomps across the landing. She could see him there at the bottom of the staircase, calling up like a little child.