Chapter 1

The Year 2008

An armored van tore through the dark streets of New York. Inside the van, T.C.R.I. (Techno-Cosmic Research Institute) Soldiers armed with futuristic SWAT weapons sit at anxious attention, sweat glistening on their faces. Their leader, Spider, a super-yoked military commando with a Steven Segal ponytail locks and loads his rifle.

"Listen up." Spider said to his soldiers very serious. "Sir." The soldiers replied to him. "We're going after Dr. Baxter Stockman. He was TCRI's lead genetic scientist, but he went rogue, stole billions of dollars' worth of research and created an actual mutant." Spider said to them making the soldiers exchanged glances. "He's holed up in a makeshift lab of an abandoned building." Spider said to them making the SWAT guys look at each other nervously. "Each of you has been issued a high-powered antimutant neutralizer." Spider said as he holds up an high powered anti-mutant weapon. "Whatever Stockman's made, this can unmake it." Spider said to them while he pats his rifle. "Cynthia Utrom herself will be quarterbacking from HQ. Anything to add, Cynthia?" Spider asks her then Spider gestures to a monitor with a live video feed to Cynthia Utrom who was cold, menacing and German. "This mission is of the utmost importance. Failure will be frowned upon." Cynthia said to them making the soldiers look at each other again. "Bring me Stockman's mutant and whatever he used to make it." Cynthia said to them in her thick snotty British accent while the SWAT guys look at each other: was that supposed to be reassuring? Cynthia said to them. "You heard her, boys. Lock and load." Spider said to the soldiers. "Yes, sir!" The soldiers said then they start up their antimutant neutralizers.

In a basement of an abandoned old building, exposed pipes dripped rusty water into puddles. A man was inside the basement grabbing different chemicals, he was wearing a white shirt with a green vest over it, yellow tie, black suit jacket, tan work pants and blue white sneakers, his name is Baxter Stockman. The chemicals mixed into a vial turning into green ooze, Baxter picks up the vial. "I've done it, little one." Baxter said as he takes a closer look at the vial. "I've perfected the ooze. Are you excited for Daddy?" Baxter asks then he looks over at then old playpan, were a small mutant fly that buzz. The fly has a dim light only shines on the outline, red glowing eyes, it was amazement as the sound of it's wings fluttered. "My friends at TCRI..." Baxter said as he walks over to the fly who was only a baby. "Want to use you as a weapon. I couldn't allow that. But we're safe now." Baxter said to the mutant fly then he turns away from the fly to more vials that was holding different animals in each vials, a humanoid warthog, a lizard man, a crocodile, a cobra with long arms. "Soon I'll make you brothers and sisters. A real family for both of us." Baxter said then he looks away from the vials. "I never had a family, little one. Nobody liked me. I always felt a greater connection to the animals I experimented on than people. With you and your siblings...I'm creating a family. I think we can finally be happy." Baxter said to the mutant fly sounding very excited about making a family of his own. Suddenly the room starts to shook, Baxter looks up, startled and frightened as an loud noise echoing through the empty floor upstairs. Glass start rattling as Baxter grunts while getting up to his feet.

"Again!" Spider yelled and the SWAT team slams a battering ram, breaking the door down. The soldiers burst through the basement with their guns at the ready. "Move, move!" A soldier shouts out as the soldiers run down the stairs to the basement. "Go, go!" Spider orders the soldiers. "Spread out!" Soldier shouts out while Baxter starts frantically trying to pack up his equipment then he takes a hold of the glass vial of green ooze. "Freeze! Don't move!" Spider yelled at Baxter while pointing his weapon, lighting shining from Baxter's face. Spider then pins Baxter against the wall while a solider was aiming his gun at Baxter. "Where is the specimen?" Spider asks Baxter who was trying to stall for time. "I...I...uh..." Baxter said to him while one of the soldiers sees that Baxter was looking at something. The team of soldiers turn to the playpen but it was empty. "It's not here." The soldier said to Spider while the soldiers were looking around.

Then the group hears something making them turn only to see a can rolling on the floor. "Wait, wait, be careful." Baxter said to them making Spider place his hand on Baxter's mouth. "Stay quiet." Spider said to him, all Baxter wanted was not to hurt his mutant kids. The group of soldiers hear more chittering. "Huh? Over there!" One of the soldiers yelled as the fly flew right to them knocking one of them to the floor. One by one, the soldiers were taken out by the baby fly, one of the soldiers start wildly waving his weapon trying to shot the fly. "Cease-fire! We need them alive!" Spider orders them as one of the soldiers gets threw into the playpen then other one was gets grabs by his feet and he was flying up by the fly. Spider turns to Baxter while the last soldier screams. "Don't move." Spider said to him then he stands up with his gun in hand. The fly at Spider and he slashes Spider's face then flies away. Spider had a cut on his left eye with blood running down the cut. Spider screams and he fires his weapon disobeying his own order. "No! No, don't shoot! The chemicals are highly volatile!" Baxter yelled but it was too late, Spider shoots and the chemicals explode. "No!" Baxter yelled and he leaps toward the Fly-Baby, shielding it with his body but taking the full force of the blast.

Both Baxter and Fly Baby are enveloped in flames.

When the flames clear, Baxter's fatally wounded body lies on the floor, still gripping the vial of ooze. The Fly-Baby is nowhere to be seen, seemingly incinerated. Spider dusts himself off and looks at his fallen team then he calls Cynthia. "Cynthia, I'm sorry. We lost everything." Spider said to her. 

Bring me anything you can find. We will replicate his research, no matter how long it takes. Baxter Stockman's creations must live on! And with it, a new form of life itself.

Cynthia said to Spider making him order his team to get what they can.

The SWAT guys grab what's left of Stockman's work. As they remove his body, they don't see the dying Stockman release his grip on the vial of ooze as he fades into the infinite. The ooze rolls into a nearby sewer grate, slipping into the inky abyss.

A wheel set in motion...