I. Our meet cute (continued)

Stephen

24 September, 2023

Finally. Finally, I'll be out of this dark world. Out of this place forever. Though, there are memories, good ones, that tie me to this place, yet what has happened in the past few months has made it unbearable for me stay any longer. Might seem weird, but the place I had called my home for so long, now, meant nothing good to me.

I had never thought that I'd ever be going back to Willowbrook. The peaceful and serene town held too many secrets but its beauty is something to be amused by.

One thing I had learned from life was to never get too attached. It had always ended in the worst possible way every time I did. I wasn't giving in to it once again. I wasn't ready to take the blame for one more life destroyed; all because of me. I had to learn to keep my distance from people – and that wasn't too hard for the new kid in town, was it?

Nevertheless, I was more than thankful to Aunt Amelia than I could express for inviting me to her place; giving me a new shelter. I hadn't seen her in a long time but always heard about her from my mother. They had known each other since college and were soul sisters.

All the sadness and emptiness inside me, felt as if it was coming to an end. And it had to. I had spent some of the truly beautiful moments of my life there, off course I had a connection. For the first time in a long while, I felt good.

25 September, 2023

"Hello Willowbrook", I said as I read the worn out sign board which said, Welcome to Willowbrook, in a weird yet attractive way. Soon, I reached Aunt Amelia's place.

The moment she saw me, she said in a questioning tone, "You're Matthew, I believe."

"Yes ma'am, I am."

"Oh hey! Look at you, handsome young man. Come on in."

I settled in with my luggage and then she showed me around her two story house. It wasn't too big, just a nice, comfy house with a beautiful backyard and some amazing art pieces.

"Your house is truly beautiful aunty."

"Thanks!" she said, cheerfully.

"This is your room. Let me know if you need anything, I'll be downstairs. Oh, I might as well call my daughter home too. You guys have never met each other, have you?"

"No, I haven't."

With the said, she left the room and I took a relaxing shower after my tiring journey. I went downstairs as aunty called me for some snacks and saw a girl, around my age entering through the back door near the kitchen.

She had long, dark brown hair. A petite, delightful face, with unusual yet joyful eyes. I couldn't help but notice a tiny birthmark on the left side of her neck. She wore a white floral dress which perfectly suited her appearance.

"Who's this?" she asked as soon as she saw me enter the kitchen.

"Oh, you're back. Remember I told you about Aunt Emily? That's her son, Stephen. He's a new transfer student at Willlowbrook High."

She introduced us both and I offered to shake hands with Natasha. She flinched for some reason, as I took her hand in mine but then gave me a smile.

"I'll be back in a jiffy" she said as she went upstairs.

Curiosity. That's what came to my mind as I thought of her, lying in my new bedroom, sleepless and exhausted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!! This is the first part of, "What's wrong with Stephen?" continued since the previous one felt too short.

The story gets more exciting so stay tuned for new parts coming soon!

Hope y'all enjoyed this one. If yes, do vote and comment!

HAPPY READING!!