Brotherly Talk

“Mae we are back” forth yelled from the door step, after many days he has been feeling this much relieved.

Not only because Mr. Suwan has returned every single penny that he has given him since a year, but also he made that self absorbed old man apologise to his husband.

The relief that he has got at the second he saw shame in that man’s eyes is nothing that he could describe in words.

But one thing is still not in it’s place, the man behind their sufferings is still roaming out free but not for long, he can guarantee that.

“What is it today? Both the brothers are lighten like lamps?” Mrs. Jathurapoom asked. Both the brothers shared a curious look with each other, asking each other the reason silently.

“Come on let’s have our dinner” singto entered with a couple of dishes followed by Mr. Konganithan the main chef of the day.

Everyone settled at their respective place & started to munch on the food, half way down the dinner no progress was made.

Ming was urging singto to speak while singto kept elbowing phana to speak, but at the end no one said.

There evident passing the parcel game was evidenced by everyone but forth was first one to object,
“What’s going on guys?” he asked, to no one in particular.

“Mm… ummm They wants to say something” ming threw the bomb on the couple responsible. And in a blink their face went red. Although it was a good news but their shyness was holding their legs.

Everyone patiently waited for the couple to come out of their eye talking stage & speak something less gestural & more verbal & after a minute phana cleared his throat.

“M…mom, Dad, Forth we want to say something. Actually we only got to know about it yesterday & we wanted to tell you all at the same time” pha encircled around the agenda

“And the thing is?” Mr. Jathurapoom being the most impatient one asked,

“The thing is that singto is pregnant” pha announced with a bright smile & red cheeks, clasping his hand in his husband’s, who kept his head ducked to his chest.

Forth’s mother was the first one to get out of the shock & embraced the couple warmly,
“Congratulations my babies. I am soo happy for you both” she hugged singto again who is still cowering to make any eye contact. After her everyone took turns to hug the couple.

“I can’t thank you enough to make me  grand dad & I hope they will be just like you not like him” pha’s eyes widened at his father’s betrayal, he was about to complain when forth said,

“How could you say that dad, pha has also worked hard for the baby. That’s not fair” forth teased his brother which draped the couple in red blanket & everyone crooned them & that's how the rest of family time went by.

Ming came out of shower to find his husband sitting at the foot of sofa nose embedded in the laptop screen & fingers racing.