What If: Tim Rode In The Ambulance With Lucy

After parting ways with Jackson, Tim combed the mountainside, his heart heavy with fear and guilt at the prospect of Lucy being in peril, buried deep within a barrel six feet below. His eyes scanned every inch of the terrain until they landed on a glimmer. In an instant, Tim's mind grasped the significance: Lucy was close.

With newfound determination, he sprinted toward the glimmer, and as he drew nearer, his suspicions crystallized. This was no ordinary ring; it was Lucy's, a piece of jewelry he had seen adorning her hand countless times. The particulars of how he recognized it faded into insignificance; all that mattered was rescuing Lucy.

He commenced kicking at the earth, his aim to detect any sign of loose soil or any indication of Lucy's burial spot. At last, his foot struck a hollow, and he instantly recognized that she lay beneath. "I've got her! I've got her!" he bellowed at the utmost volume, signaling to everyone to rush over and provide assistance. He sank to his knees, desperation driving him to dig with his bare hands.

Jackson dashed over, nearly stumbling in his haste to reach Tim's side. Soon, the rest of the group converged on the scene, and together they commenced digging fervently to rescue Lucy. A sheriff's deputy swiftly retrieved a shovel and joined in the effort. Jackson, in an urgency to expedite the process, handed Nolan another shovel given to him, intensifying their efforts to dig as time was running out.

The discovery of the barrel's lid sent a shiver of suspense through the group. Tim, his determination to save Lucy reaching a fever pitch, approached the tightly sealed lid. With a surge of desperation that seemed to grant him a fleeting moment of superhuman strength, he grappled with the lock using his bare hands. With a heart-pounding effort, he managed to unfasten it, and the lid swung open, unveiling a motionless, unconscious Lucy who lay there, her breathless state amplifying the tension in the air.

In a collective display of teamwork, every member pitched in to extricate Lucy from the barrel. Tim positioned himself strategically, using his body to shield her head and neck as they carefully laid her flat on the ground. Urgency hung heavy in the air as they attempted to rouse her with gentle shakes.

"Is she breathing?" Sergeant Grey's voice cut through the tension.

Tim wasted no time; he leaned down to listen for any signs of breath, but the silence told him what he feared. Without hesitation, he initiated CPR, delivering rescue breaths with unwavering determination.

All eyes remained fixated on Tim's relentless chest compressions, the suspense thickening with each passing moment. They exchanged anxious glances, an unspoken acknowledgment that Lucy showed no signs of response. Tim's overwhelming guilt acted as an unyielding force, propelling him to continue despite the daunting odds.

Within the depths of his despair, Tim's thoughts reached out to the universe, an imploring plea for the strength and the elusive ability to breathe life back into the young woman before him. She lay there, lifeless and inert, and yet her significance to him remained shrouded in mystery, a revelation yet to unfurl in his heart.

As Lucy stirred, her breath catching in a startled gasp, Tim released a tremulous sigh of relief. Swiftly, he positioned his hand behind her head to protect it, while the other gently rested on her stomach. A collective wave of relief washed over everyone, their faces transformed by the lifting of an agonizing burden.

Lucy, still gripped by residual fear, scanned her surroundings with frantic eyes, seeking the familiar faces that surrounded her. Recognizing the very people she held closest to her heart, she realized it was safe to relinquish her guard. Without hesitation, she crumbled into tears, the weight of the harrowing experience finally overwhelming her.

In a moment of profound realization, Tim acted swiftly, drawing Lucy into his protective embrace. He cradled her with utmost care as she found herself in a vulnerable state, tenderly stroking her and whispering soothing words. With unwavering devotion, he assured her of her safety, pledging to shield her from any harm that might dare to approach her. His actions conveyed a depth of care and affection that transcended words.