Chapter 9

Luke's POV

I had no clue what had just happened. One minute we were perfectly fine and the next Charlie was storming off. I went over and sat on my couch to think about what just happened. I've never had a fight like that with a girl before, I never thought I would. Where did that leave us? When could I talk to her again? These questions and many more filled my mind. Maybe I'll giver her some space today and talk to her tomorrow at school. That would work, right? The more I thought about this, the more confused I got. I hated this, why did she freak out so much? She is mine and I'm hers. What does she not get about that?

Charlie's POV

"Charlie? What are you doing here?" When I turned around I saw someone who I was not expecting.

"Having coffee with my friend, what does it look like Jake?" I replied very annoyed.

"I meant what are you doing here without Luke?" He clarified looking very disgusted while saying Luke's name.

"That's none of your business. Please go away now." I told him as nice as I could manage.

"Did you break up? I know how he is, once he fucks them he dumps them." He said casually.

"No. We just got in an argument. Can you leave now?" I could tell that Kassidy was trying to ignore us but was getting frustrated that Jake just came and interrupted us.

"So tell me, what happened with Luke?" He asked.

"That is none of your business. Go away now." I repeated.

He definitely wasn't leaving now because he decided to pull up a chair to our table.

"We should go, Charlie. We can finish our drinks somewhere else." I wanted to say yes to Kassidy's offer, but I was kind of interested in what Jake wanted now.

"You can go ahead. I'm gonna stay."
She gave me a look asking what the hell I was thinking but she just walked out of the shop instead of trying to persuade me to come with her.

"I can help you get back at Luke for whatever he did to you." Jake said immediately after Kassidy left.

Kassidy's POV
What was Charlie thinking? Staying with Jake. Like I know she is mad at Luke, but talking to Jake was no way to get back at him. As I drove back to Calum's house, these questions and thoughts raced through my head. Soon I was at his house and knocking. It was always weird for me to knock on his door because I was so used to barging in at Charlie's house.

"Hey Kassidy. Come on in." Calum smiled, " I though you went over to Charlie's house for something."

"I did, but something happened and can I talk to you now." I asked quickly.

He nodded his head and we went up to his room.

" Whats wrong?"

I explained everything that happened between Charlie and Luke to what happened at the cafe. Calum stayed quiet for a few seconds before saying, "We should go to the cafe to find Charlie."

I agreed and we both ran to his car hoping that she hadn't done anything stupid with Jake. As we pulled up to the cafe, both of them were just walking out of the cafe, perfect timing.

"Charlie, please don't go anywhere with him." I begged.

"Why?" Really, she was gonna be stubborn.

"Because you know what he wants and plus you have a boyfriend." I explained.

"Yeah, but my boyfriend is being a jerk, so I am gonna get back at him." Why was she being so stupid right now.

"I'm not fighting you, so lets just go." When she shook her head, I grabbed her arm and forced her into Calum's car. She tried to fight it but just gave up.

"We will go get Luke. Go to your house." I told Charlie.

She followed my instructions and went inside her home. At least she wasn't being stubborn anymore.

Charlie's POV

I don't know why I was being so stupid at the cafe. Why did I think that getting back at Luke with Jake would be a good plan. Jake's plan kept replaying in my head no matter what I tried to do to stop it.

*Backflash*
"So my plan is for you to break up with Luke then go out with me. It'll make him really jealous and he'll be begging for you to come back." Jake explained. I knew I shouldn't go along with this, but I just ignored that thought and nodded my head, agreeing with him.

"Great. Now, let's go break up with that son of bitch."

*Backflash ends*

Just as I finished thinking about what happened at the cafe mocha, Kassidy came into my room.

"Hey. You're not going to explode on me right?" She asked carefully.

"No, I'm sorry for the way I was acting before. You were just trying to help and I was being a total bitch to you." I apologized.

"It's fine, but don't use all of your apologies on me. Luke's here." With that she ran out my door and was replaced by the tall blonde.

"Charlie can we please talk?" He begged.

"Fine. We kind of have to so do ahead. And don't get the wrong idea. I'm still mad at you. But you have 10 minutes."

Hey guys. So I know if you read this chapter before it made literally no sense. Well that's because wattpad deleted half of the chapter when I published. Sorry if I confused you. So just read this chapter again and the story should make sense now. I'll make sure that nothing like this happens again. Sorry to everyone again.