I. Our meet cute

Natasha

25 September, 2023

"Hey Jenna!" I shrieked as soon as I spotted her in the crowd.

"Hey, look who it is! I didn't think you'd be here..." said Jenna, mockingly.

"Well, as much as I hate this shitty stuff, I had to come for the sake of my pal."

"And who'd that pal be? Well, me off course!" she snorted as I took a look around, spotting all the insanely damaged manuscripts.

"Seriously, Jenna, why do you do this?"

"Why do I do what, Nat?"

"Believe. Believe in vampires and dark creatures of the past and what not!" I asked,

"Because it is true. You might not be a believer, Nat, but I am. I've read each and every single one of these manuscripts in this room. And trust me, these writings, of our ancestors, don't give you a reason, not to."

"Well, this might've been true but why study about it now? There's no vampires in town anymore."

"We don't know that, not yet. Anyone among us, right here, could be a vampire and you'll not even know it, when within a matter of seconds they'll take someone down so quietly, no one would ever know." It gave me the chills as she said that and as much as it hurts to accept this, I did want to know more.

I had known Jenna since elementary school. Always been together since then but even as she developed her interest and even joined the town council that researched and all about the vampires, I never knew much about it; neither did I wish to; my sudden interest might have caught her off guard. Vampires weren't something that amused me. They had always seemed to me as bloodsucking demons who could do no good. But who knew soon enough my perceptions were about to be completely recreated.

"Aren't vampires allergic to the sun or something?"

"Uhhh, Nat...It's complicated. Just forget about it." she said just as I turned around to leave.

"Well yea. See you tomorrow, gotta go now! Mom needs me home."

"Hey mom, what was so urgent you asked me to come ho-" that's when I realized a guy around my age sitting in our living room and I may have weak memory but I knew for sure I had never seen him.

"Who's this?" I asked, completely puzzled in my thoughts.

Looking at the handsome face with those charming hazel eyes that shined too bright. His sandy hair, falling almost to his forehead and those tinge-pink lips. The only unusual thing that seemed to me about this alluring fella was his complexion, or rather, he was as white as milk, I must say.

"This is Stephen. He's a new transfer student at Willlowbrook High. Stephen, this is my daughter, Natasha. Natasha, Stephen." she introduced us both to each other with her smile; cheerful as usual.

"Hey Natasha, call me Steff."

"Hey, Steff, I'm Nat." I said as we shook hands. He seemed quite a gentleman to me but it did give me some eerie chills as I felt the cold skin of his hand on mine.

"Nat, Steff's gonna stay with us for the next few months till y'all graduate. Oh yea, I forgot to mention, Nat goes to the same school as you. Isn't that fun?"

Yeah well, it's a bit too soon to be fun, mom. I wondered to myself. It sure was weird, this guy, suddenly coming to town and living under the same roof as me! I mean, what are the odds this happens to a normal person?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

This is my new vampire fiction series. Probably gonna be a long one so stay tuned for new parts coming soon! Also, this series is based on different POVs; might as well have fun reading through different characters' views.

Had been planning on this one for a long time. Hope y'all enjoy this!

Don't forget to vote and comment any suggestions!

HAPPY READING!!!