Side Story 2. Kyle (IF)

[Four junctions will be created under the authority of the God of Destiny.]

[1. Reihausd route]

[2. Kyle route]◀

[3. Diego route]

[4. ALT route]

[All junctions start from the point where the God of Destiny newly established each junction.]

[Each junction is an event of an independent dimension and doesn’t affect the current or other junction.]

[There is only one thing I want. It’s my life’s guarantee.]

[You won’t kill me unless I turn my back against Your Highness.]

Kyle opened his eyes. The morning sun was pouring in from outside the window.

He had a dream of that day, not too long ago.

The blue-eyed woman who looked at him with wary eyes. Ariel, a name that tastes bitter the more you put it in your mouth.

She, whom he had once thought was just a fake saintess in his own calculations, became a noble saintess praised by the people of the Empire one after another.

[Your Highness always thinks of my usefulness, and you don’t even like me enough to marry me.]

He couldn’t even make excuses. For in the beginning, it was clearly like that.

It wasn’t long before Kyle himself realized his own feelings.

The greed that began to swallow his heart step by step when he dealt with the Empress, during the hunting festival, and at Ares grew beyond swallowing.

But Kyle couldn’t push the national marriage to her with his own feelings alone. Because he learned from watching his father and mother that he should protect as much as it is precious.

He was at a dead end. Yet that tug-of-war veered to one side whenever he heard rumors about Ariel and the others.

“Your Highness. Rumors of an affair between Marquis Cass Lloyd and the Saintess are spreading. She could really be taken away!”

His heart skipped a beat at Shane’s words.

Kyle looked down at his feet, which had stopped for a moment.

Can he step back? No. If someone else tries to take Ariel… Just thinking about it made him want to kill someone.

“Shit.”

Ariel is busy. More than the Crown Prince, Kyle himself.

From the day Camilla disappeared and <God of Lies> became <God of Destiny>, she became even busier.

She had opened a shop on the main street, as he was told. It handles inexpensive holy stones that have a defensive effect against external attacks, and it’s popular with knights, he heard.

‘The knights aren’t playing tricks, are they. Else I will kill them all.’

Although he had already taken action once, he was uneasy. He thought uncharacteristically for an Imperial prince, and his red eyes glowed.

Then he came out of his quarters and walked towards the training ground.

‘Come to think of it, it’s in three days.’

 There was the founding festival at the Imperial Palace. Martial arts, in which monsters are released into the martial arena and hunted, were a great delicacy, and Kyle was practicing hard to get the knights to participate in the martial arts.

And on that day, Ariel will come to the Imperial Palace.

How long has it been since they met, he wondered.

As he left the palace, a bright light shone brightly in front of him.

‘I’ll meet Ariel.’

His eyebrows were fiercely stiff, like those of a man ready for battle.

He seemed to be mesmerized by what Shane, a self-proclaimed love interest, had said, but Kyle was listening to him.

[I heard that women are naturally attracted to strong men. That’s why you push her and then hit the wall hard. It’s from the ‘Latest Love’s Secret’ that has been handed down since my grandfather’s grandfather, so you can believe it. I heard that Marquis Lloyd also learned about love with this book.]

Kyle thought of himself confessing his feelings by hitting the wall strongly next to Ariel, who had a wall on her back.

Because he had the power of a sword master, the walls would go hollow and incontinent.

But how does he get the answer?

It was clear that hitting the wall was a non-verbal way to express his liking. If so, he guessed that the corresponding answer would be in a similar way.

In Kyle’s head, Ariel, who blushed at his confession, raised her hand and hit the wall as if she was happy. Then he imagined the wall collapsing.

From the memory of him seeing her at the Ares lake, Ariel’s fist was certainly stronger than his own.

If she raised a sword, the victory or defeat would be different.

Kyle stopped his steps for a moment and then pursed his lips.

“My heart is pounding.”

The tips of his ears were a little red.