I groan as my alarm clock rings. It's the sunshine is shining right into my window with an early morning glow. I can see the dust in the air. I hear my little brother somewhere outside my room moving about. My room is silent now, my alarm clock has stopped ringing. I'll be late for school, but I don't care. What's the worst thing that can happen? My teacher tell me not to be late? Get suspended? I am not tardy enough to get suspended. It would have to be a little more. At the rate I'm going I will be fine, not great if someone is counting exactly how many times I am tardy but fine.

I don't even like going to school, not because of the work. Well, that is part of it. But I don't like being around people. I don't trust anyone, and I hate that I do. But I can't blame myself. Some of my reasons are actually pretty logical.

I open my eyes and realize that ten minutes have passed. I need to get up. I drag myself out of bed and look around my room. Everything in it is black and white. Everything. There is not a once of real color in my room. All of that my books, clothes, and just stuff - that's in my huge walk-in closet. I walk to my closet and pull on jeans I had since two years ago and a simple purple T-shirt. I have much fancier clothes, but I don't like wearing them. I grab my backpack, look at the half-finished homework on my desk cluttered with papers and pencils and folders and highlighters, and decide to grab it and hurriedly shove it in my backpack. I rush down the grand staircase and look around when I reach the kitchen. My younger brother Sammy is there looking at a banana in the fruit bowl. My mother is nowhere to be found, no surprise there. All she cares about is more attention and more money.

I grab the shredded coconut chop up the banana cover the pieces with coconut and hand it to him. He eats it in silence while I make him eggs with runny yolks the way he likes them and butter some toast. The smooth butter melting shines and delicious looking. I hand him his plate grab myself an apple and rush out the door, calling behind me, "Sammy, don't miss the bus."

I arrive at the bus stop and wait for the bus that probably won't come. I wait long past when it's supposed to be here, hoping that it is running late for some reason. I finally realize that I have been waiting for fifteen minutes and school will start in four minutes. I need to get to school. I could go to Rosé, who is our closest neighbor and very sweet. I start walking to her house, One minute later I arrive and climb up her crumbling cement steps. I knock on her door and wait. Nobody comes. Strange, she normally answers the door right away. I knock again. No answer. I remember with a start that she is gone on a trip to see her grandmother. I am so stupid. Why didn't I remember this in the first place? I would have saved some time at least.

I am walking back out to the street and a truck pulls up next to me. There are two boys in the front and V is in the back. I don't like these boys, and they are rather suspicious. I don't know why V hangs out with them. He is probably the nicest, most obedient boy I know.

"Do you need a ride?" Asks the driver rolling down his window. I know this boy and I don't like him at all. He can only be described as a bad boy. He dates all kinds of girls and then dumps them. He smokes, and I'm pretty sure it's not just normal cigarettes. He committed a few minor crimes. And he is not very comfortable to be around. My anxiety picks up. Butterflies in my stomach and my thoughts swirling.

I consider my options, or rather the lack of options. I don't really have a choice. Rosé was my last hope unless I want to be two hours late to school and ride Sammy's bus. I nod my head and get in the back where V is. He stares at me the whole way to school. I know he doesn't really mean to. I know he likes me, and he is very sweet, but it is unnerving, especially with his friends in the front seats talking about some suspicious subjects.