chapter 5

Japers pov-

"What!!!" I said angrily. What did he mean he met someone. Was that why he was blushing? Was that why he didn't eat? Is that the reason his been a mess the entire morning?

The questions flooded my mind. Luckily I stopped the car. But I stopped in the middle of the road so I decided it was probably best to pull up to the curb. We're already late might as well get to the root issue.

"I met someone." He said again nervously.

"Oh" was all I could say.

"So how long are we gonna stay here?" He asked ABIT nervous.

I started the engine and continued driving us to campus. Where I dropped him in front of his building.

***

I met someone. The sentence kept running through my head. What did he mean he met someone. Was he interested in her. Do I know who she is. Are they gonna start dating?

I need to ask him these questions, I had a right to know if he was gonna bring over some girl. Does this mean he'll sleep with her?

Why was I so upset. I'm not use to sharing Simon. His always been mine. Not in a couple way but his been mine and mine alone. I'd never fathom that I would have to share him. Wait does this mean if he dates her they'll spend more time together? Will I get left behind?

"Mr Scott, do you have the answer?!" The lecture screamed at me and snapped my focus back.

"Um no, sorry professor Colton."

"Eyes focused on the work Mr Scott. Chemistry isn't a joke."

"Yes I know, I'm sorry sir." I tried to focus my mind on the work instead of Simon and which ever girl he was secretly seeing.

"Whats the answer Mr Abrahams." The teacher looked at the boy near the front. Mr goody two shoes smarty pants.

"It's not the reducing agent which means the sum had to be equalized using the oxidizing agent, professor Colton."

"Excellent Mr Abrahams, see class that is why Malik is our top student." The teacher said bragging about the 3rd year med student in our chemistry class.

***

We both remained silent on our way back to the apartment.

"So the guys and I are going out drinking tonight, wanna go with."

"Is it a question?"

"Not really, be ready by 7:30."

"Ok." He answered.

***

The bar was packed with people. Jason kept insisting we do shots, I was already beyond tipsy.

"Come on man, just a few more." Jason insisted.

"Fine." We both took shots followed by slices of lemon to eradicate the bitter taste of the vodka.

Simon sat one side watching the both of us.

"Simon come on, you haven't had a single drink all night." Jason walked over to him with a vodka shot.

"You know he doesn't drink Jason, leave him be." I tried to steer the boy away from Simon.

Simon seemed bored the entire night. He cleary didn't want to be here but I couldn't leave him in the apartment alone, who knows what he'd do. What if he invited a girl over.

***

"Dude I'm telling you Simon is gay." Casper told me while we took a smoke break outside the bar. "And he definitely has something for you, it's so obvious."

"Dude don't be crazy, his been my best friend since middle school." Was Casper crazy, the weed must have gotten to him to imagine such utter nonsense.

"He cooks for you, wakes you up, dude he literally know more about you than any of your girlfriends." Casper said laughing as he took another puff of the roled weed in his hand.

"So what his my best friend. I'd definitely know if his gay."

"Has he ever had a girlfriend."

"No, but that doesn't make him gay, his just very reserved." Simon wasn't that type of person I thought. He wasn't gay I just knew it.

"Whatever you say dude." Casper seemed to have lost interest in the conversation.

"Besides his talking to some chick." I said with ABIT of annoyance in my voice.

"Guess I'm wrong then. Is she hot?" He asked looking at me questioningly.

"Dunno I've never met her."

"Thought as much. How do you know it's not a dude?"

"Because..." I couldn't answer.

"Hey man don't think so hard let's just head back instide." Casper lead us back inside.

On our way home, Simon sat at the front of the Uber and I sat at the back. I couldn't stop thinking about what Casper said.

"Hey Si, do you have a picture of the girl you're talking too?" I asked, breaking the silence during our drive home.

"No." Was all he said barely turning back too look at me.

When we got home, every possible interaction Simon had with someone played through my head. Did he really like me, he always blushed around me. He'd stare at my abs every chance he got.

How do I prove this theory?

***

Simon pov-

Jasper definitely wants to know who the person is. I should've never told him about the person I met a few days ago. After he and Casper returned from what I assumed was a spoke break, the boy seemed edgy and awkward like something was bothering him. Then suddenly in the car he asked if I had a picture of the so called girl. I couldn't tell him it was a boy what would he think. I'll just have to avoid Malik's eyes at all possible interactions, I needed things to go back to the way they were. If I mess up one more time, Jasper would be beyond pissed.