Chapter 11

-Megan

♡21,728 likes                              View comments

21,728 likes                              View comments

*
Thursday

Today is a very exciting day for me, I feel like I've been waiting forever. This is the day I step foot into a studio for the first time in my life. To provide an extra boost of confidence and moral support, I made the wise decision to bring along my boyfriend, Jordan.

As the time approached, a mixture of excitement and anxiety started to swirl within me, causing my heart to race and my palms to become sweaty.

"Ma you gotta relax, you finna kill this shit." Jordan said trying to help me become calm.

"I know I know, it's just that it's gonna be people in the studio with me and I don't wanna screw up." I told him. I started pacing back and forth.

Jordan grabbed me and pulled me in for a kiss. "Calm down."

Ugh, he's the best, always making me feel better when I'm scared or anxious about something. I kissed him back. "okay okay."

Some guy in all-black clothes approached me. "Are you Megan?" He asked.

"Yes!" I said.

"Okay follow me." He said.

Me and Jordan followed him into this building, it was nice and extremely quiet. We walked into this dark room with a lot of speakers and other equipment that I can't even name.

Two guys and two females walked into the room.

"What's up, I'm Trey." Trey said and shook my hand.

"Hey. I'm Megan." I said and shook his hand back.

"My name is Serena, and this is Meeka. She is also a rapper, and if you ever require any guidance or support with your lyrics, she will be available to help." Serena said and pointed to Meeka.

"Nice to meet you both.." I said nervously. "I'm nervous as hell right now, so if it seems like I'm being awkward that's why." I told them.

Trey and the other guy laughed.

"Girl don't be nervous." Meeka said. "If you mess up it's all good, cause I fuck up a lot of my lyrics."

I chuckled. "Thank you."

I showed them the beat I wanted to use for my rap. They showed me how everything was done and they told me to get in the booth. When I got in the booth I put the headphones on and they did a sound check. Once everything was prepared, I started rapping the lyrics I rehearsed at home.