#1

The battle at Marineford was long and gruelling. Many of Ace's ship brothers had died to free him, including Oars Jr. But, their hard work had paid off. Thanks to the added efforts of Luffy and his band of escaped prisoners, Ace was freed and the two began to fight off wave after wave of Marine's.

The two began to head for the ships, the rest of the pirates following alongside them. However, as Ace listened to Akainu bad mouthing Whitebeard, he stopped. He turned to glare at the man, before initiating combat.

Blows were exchanged and the fight grew fiercer. Unfortunately, being locked in sea-stone cuffs for so long had drained Ace's power, causing him to fall first. As Akainu towered over Ace's slumped form, he began to speak.

"The son of Pirate King Roger. The son of the Revolutionary. I can't allow either of you to leave! Now watch, Fire Fist Ace!"

Ace realised what he meant immediately, and reached to stop him. However, before he could grab the Marine, the man had sprinted in the direction of Luffy.

Luffy collapsed unable to move as his legs gave out. They finally failed, leaving Luffy motionless. Luffy gapped, weakness pulling him down. The black edges on his vision were closing in, but Luffy saw something float down in front of him. Luffy focused on it, noticing it was Ace's Vivre Card.

"Wait!"

Luffy looked up and saw the admiral right in front of him, fist ready to strike at the rookie pirate. Luffy saw Ace rush to Luffy, eyes wide and frightened. He looked more afraid than Luffy had ever seen him. Horror in his eyes and desperation in his frame. Ace ran forward ready to throw himself infront of luffy.

Luffy widened his eyes at the sight of his brother, ready to give his life for Luffy.

No, no! The thought caused a sense of fear so strong it shocked himself.

Luffy saw his brother, ready to give his life for him. Luffy felt a rising power inside his chest, enough for one final burst of power.

Luffy already knew what he was going to do.

Luffy reached out, extending his arm to Ace. His legs were too weak, not able to move even if he wanted to.

The fist of magma hit Luffy in the chest, burning away some of his shirt. Then the pain hit. His fist embedded itself into Luffy's chest, burning everything it touched. His organs were being cooked, hit scorching him from the inside. Leaving a gaping hole in luffy's chest. It burned and burned.

It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts.

Luffy screamed.

His chest was burning, and agonizing pain racked his frame. His eyes threatened to close, black coming ever so closer. The fist retracted, leaving a wound that made his chest invert.

Luffy knew pain, he was never without it, but this felt like hell. His body was locked up, with too many pain signals in his head. It was too hot, sweltering heat making Luffy sweat.

"Luffy, no!"

Ace dropped to his knees beside his brother, arms caging his body instantly.

Many heads turned at the voice. Eyes widened as their energetic, unofficial leader lay motionless in Fire Fist's arms.