010. psychic

"All right. I've been cruisin' some websites. I think I found a few candidates for our next gig." Dean says. "A fishing trawler off the coast of Cali -- its crew vanished. And, uh, we got some cattle mutilations in West Texas." Dean looks at Sam who is focused on on the notepad he has on his lap.

"Hey." Dean calls, only getting Sam's attention. "Am I boring you with this hunting evil stuff?"

"No, I'm listening. Keep going." Sam says.

"And, here, a Sacramento man shot himself in the head. Three times." Dean says. "Any of these things blowin' up your skirt, pal?"

"Wait. I've seen this." Sam says, looking at his drawing.

"Seen what?" Dean asks.

Sam gets up and rummages through Dean's bag to find John's journal.

"What are you doing?" Dean asks. Sam takes a family photo out of the journal.

"Dean, I know where we have to go next." He says.

"Where?"

"Back home -- back to Kansas."

"Okay, random. Where'd that come from?" Dean asks.

"All right, um, this photo was taken in front of our old house, right? The house where mom died?" Sam asks, showing Dean the photo.

"Yeah." Dean nods.

"And it didn't burn down, right? I mean, not completely, they rebuilt it, right?" Sam asks.

"I guess so, yeah. What the hell are you talkin' about?" Dean asks.

"Okay, look, this is gonna sound crazy but... the people who live in our old house -- I think they might be in danger." Sam says.

"Why would you think that?" Dean asks.

"Uh... it's just, um... look, just trust me on this, okay?" Sam says.

"Wait, whoa, whoa, trust you?"

"Yeah."

"Come on, man, that's weak. You gotta give me a little bit more than that."

"I can't really explain it is all."

"Well, tough. I'm not goin' anywhere until you do."

"I have these nightmares."

"No shit." Griffin scoffs. Sam smacks him over the head. "Ow!" Tabitha quietly laughs.

"I've noticed." Dean says.

"And sometimes... they come true." Sam says.

"Come again?" Dean asks.

"Look, Dean... I dreamt about Jessica's death -- for days before it happened."

"Look, Sam, people have weird dreams, man. I'm sure it's just a coincidence." Dean says, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"No, I dreamt about the blood dripping, her on the ceiling, the fire, everything, and I didn't do anything about it cause I didn't believe it. And now I'm dreaming about that tree, about our house, and about some woman inside screaming for help. I mean, that's where it all started, man, this has to mean something, right?"

"I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know, Dean? This woman might be in danger. I mean, this might even be the thing that killed mom and Jessica."

"All right, just slow down, would ya?" Dean paces. "I mean, first you tell me that you've got the Shining? And then you tell me that I've gotta go back home? Especially when..."