Sexy and I Know It

• Dedicated to Artemis Crock, a.k.a., Artemis

Truly, life loves me.  If it didn't, I would be terribly deprived of these cringe-worthy awkward social occasions.

It was funny; my life as a vigilante had just begun to get itself together;seeing as I had had nothing but success in the last few week. Catching Smiler just a few days ago, and my domino masks being delivered two weeks ago and being in use for all that time.  I was really pleased with them; they stayed in place and I could still see through them.  Not to mention, they were reusable, though, with my storage of three hundred, I wasn't going to need to get a new shipment soon.

The only thing that had been bothering me was that I had shot several criminals in the hand.  I had debated long into the night about the morals behind this and had finally decided that I would rather shoot someone in the hand, get them arrested, than to be shot and be out of commission.

It was truly the lesser of two evils.

It was inevitable that the media find out about me.  What with it being so close to Christmas, I was sure that the media to figure out there was someone helping out our boys in blue.  Even if said boys in blue would deny my existence to their deaths.

And now that my so called vigilante life had worked itself into a neat little routine that fit perfectly into my life; my life as a society princess was unraveling itself due to the handiwork of one Alexander Taylors.

That was not acceptable.

Alexander and Eli Birnbach sauntered over from opposite directions of the room. Jason, being the gentleman that he was, causally leaned his leg out and Alexander just so happened to trip over it. And then Jason just happened to accidental pour all his apple cider over Taylor when "trying" to help him up.

"I'm terribly sorry," said Jason in a false apologetic sounding voice, "My legs are so long, I forget that people can trip." It was a common routine between Jason and Taylors to insult each other about heights. It was mildly amusing because Jason, standing at six feet exactly and at the perfect height for an acrobat, was actually two inches shorter than Taylors.

I was trying my best to stifle a laugh. After all, it was not every day that you got to see Taylors, the upper crust of society, dressed in a suit and soaked to the bone in apple cider. I decided then and there that I would bring one of those fancy little fans with painted designs on them to every snobby party, so I could laugh without people seeing.

Taylors, with great effort, pulled himself off the floor and brushed off his soaking jacket. His face had turned a shade of bright red. "Excuse me," he muttered and walked away briskly.  I suppose he did not want to embarrass himself further in front of me. Oh well, one down and one to go.

Birnbach had spent that entire time watching the situation with a raised brow; his eyes however were not focused on Taylors, they were focused on me. I shivered, and goose bumps erupted on my arms. I did not need creepy Birnbach checking me out in my little black dress.

Jason, noticing my obvious discomfort, smirked at me and stood up to leave. "I do believe that I see Sabrina Gomez, let me greet her," said Jason.  He waved goodbye and whispered wickedly in my ear before he left, "Have fun."

"Go drown in a well," I muttered back, a deceivingly sweet smile gracing my lips as I murmured into his ear.  To anyone else, it would have seemed like sweet nothings. 

Right.

After all, "die in a hole" was so boring and over used. Why not drown in a well? Jason just continued to smirk while he slowly sauntered off. I watched him go until he reached Sabrina and draped his arm around her. His arm slowly slid down her hip and around her waist. She giggled and tossed him a flirty smile.  I shook my head in annoyance; even Sabrina, the most sarcastic and to herself girl I know, didn't stand a chance against Jason's charm.  Just once I'd like to see a girl throw him off her and tell him off.