The Idols (Pastel*Palettes)

After basking in the captivating aura of Roselia's performance, I decided it was time to step back and return to my duties.

Slowly, I pull away from the studio, the lingering echoes of their music still resonating in my mind.

I grab the broom and set to work. With each sweep, I find myself lost in the rhythmic motion, the act of cleaning providing a sense of normalcy amidst the whirlwind of musical experiences I've just witnessed.

The halls gradually take on a cleaner, more polished appearance as I sweep away the dust and debris that had accumulated.

It's a simple task, but one that grounds me, allowing me to reflect on the moments that have unfolded throughout the day.

"Oh? Working hard, aren't we?" A voice breaks through my focus, and I turn to see none other than Marina-san.

"Hello there. As you can see, it's clean now," I reply with a sense of accomplishment evident in my voice.

Marina surveys the now-clean hall, nodding in approval. "Woah, that's great~"

"Thanks..."

"By the way... Is it just me, or did I hear Yukina in the studio? I could hear her voice from the reception desk."

"Hm? Ah, yes. The door was slightly open, and I'm actually surprised you heard that."

Marina's lips curl into a smirk. "What can I say? My ears are this powerful," she boasts, as if her hearing is a point of pride.

I chuckle softly at her playfulness. "Well, it's good to have someone with super-hearing skills around."

Marina playfully winks at me. "Of course, part-timer-kun. Gotta keep an eye, or rather, an ear out for everything happening in CiRCLE."

I shake my head with a smile. "You're definitely a one-of-a-kind, Marina-san."

She grins. "I take that as a compliment."

As I observe Marina's playful demeanor, I can't help but smile. That's the Marina-san I know – always adding a touch of cuteness and playfulness to her mature persona. It's one of the things that makes her so endearing.

However, a sudden thought strikes me: How old is Marina-san, exactly? I look at her, from head to toe, as if trying to discern any hints about her age from her appearance.

It's not something I had thought about before.

"Say, Marina-san... Do you have a boyfriend?"

The question slips out before I can fully weigh the implications.

Marina looks at me, her expression momentarily caught off guard, but then she breaks into a knowing smile.

"Oh? Curious, aren't we?"

I feel a blush creeping up on my cheeks, realizing how forward my question must have sounded.

But I decide to carry on, hoping to salvage the conversation.

"You could say that... I mean, you're a beautiful woman, and I'm sure there are a lot of guys out there who like you."

Marina chuckles, her amusement evident in her eyes. "Well, thank you for the compliment. But to answer your question, no, I don't have a boyfriend."

Just as Marina and I are engaged in our conversation, our exchange is interrupted by a sudden burst of youthful energy.

A group of high school girls arrives on the scene, their expressions radiating brightness to the point where I have to shield my eyes – they're practically too vivid to gaze at directly.