Chapter 2- New rules

An hour later, he got off the bus in town and had a quick look around. Even with blistering snow, he could still see the dimly lit blue sign to his favourite bar, The Frozen Tundra. His throat was incredibly dry like the desert and needed a warm drink to quench his thirst. As well as his growing thirst the buzz had worn off leading him to become more sensitised to the adverse winter conditions. This spurred him to walk to the bar at a quickened pace and when he reached, he tried to push the doors open but it didn't move a single inch.

"Shit! He must have locked it again," he thought. Thinking on his feet, he came up with a creative solution, to kick it down.

"Thud! Thud! Thud!... Huuugh-hugh!" He landed three heavy kicks on the door before he ran out of breath. Suddenly, the doors burst open with a small light blue alien with beady yellow eyes and a blaster bigger than its body aimed at his head.

"DON'T BREAK MY DOOR!" its voice boomed across the town, even the snowstorm couldn't subdue its' voice. Unphased, he nonchalantly pushed it aside and went straight to the bar as his eyes darted around to find his hidden alcoholic treasures.

"Aghh! Thud!" Immediately he was subjugated to the most intense pain, as all his muscles viciously cramped up which left him unable to take the next step and so easily he fell on the floor face first.

"Who do you think is that you can show up at this time? Look, I don't mind you coming in the evening and getting absolutely wasted, after all, you are increasing my profits immensely, but I can't in good conscience serve you in the morning, never mind the morning but all day! At this rate you are going to die a slow death," said the light-blue alien. He walked over to the bar and started to clean the glasses.

"You are my most loyal customer Travalax and at these times I desperately need loyalty. I need a constant flow of income and you are it. So, I need you fit enough to work, get money, and drink it all the way here. Otherwise, I am going to have to stun you again and this time I won't put it on the low setting," said the alien.

With great effort, he manages to turn his head towards the alien.

"Hey Gren, I am aplioaxan for your information! This means after enough time I can adapt to any condition I want to survive! I am sure my organs have adapted and are in tip-top shape! So just give me the alcohol!" He said.

"Yeah, I am not convinced buddy. I have seen you here every day for the last 3 years that's more than enough time for even the slowest of your species to adapt. You are supposed to adapt in a few hours not in a few years! Hell, I am not even convinced that you are an aplioaxan. You have their white cross on your face and their towering height but clearly, your skin color hasn't changed to suit the environment. You're still bloody green! And as you can tell, this isn't a bloody forest!" Replied Gren as he gestured to the room.

"Well, how do you I am not living somewhere green? The walls in my bedroom are green I am just blending in with my home," he lied.

"Look buddy, we can keep going around and around in circles but at the end of the day, I ain't giving another drink," Gren said.

Finally, he regained some control over his body and started to stand up. While he was getting up, he nearly stumbled over the weight from his bulging stomach and afterward regained his balance to fully stand up

"Fine, you leave me no choice. I didn't want to have to do this." He said.

He tapped down all of his pockets until he finally found it within his inner jacket pocket. As he reached down, Gren raised his rifle and turned the nozzle at the side all the way up.

"Easy! Easy! I don't have any weapons." He said.

He slowly reached down and showed him the holographic transmitter.