epilogue, 22💌 i love you

"So you never liked Chris?"

"Of course not! Chris is very... he's not really my type."

I admire her beauty for a moment, thinking over what to say. "Then what is your type?" She gives me a look like she's saying, "You can't be serious."

I simply just stare back. What can I say? I'm curious.

"You're not gonna make me say it." She rolls her eyes. And at that, I laugh. Can't help it, she looks too cute.

"Then how long," I ask as I lay back down, looking up at the ceiling.

"How long?"

"How long have you liked me? I wanna know."

I peek over at her and see a soft blush appear on her cheeks. It takes all the strength in me to not pull her in and kiss her. I blink at her, awaiting my answer.

"Since... I don't know... maybe sometime during our first year?"

At that my body springs up. "That long!?" Isa holds her pillow to her face, hiding away her most likely bashful expression.

"Uh.... I just sorta... admired you for a bit." She peeks up at me from her pillow. I lay back down slowly. My only response being a barely audible "I see."

Shit.

My heart is beating like crazy.

And why the hell can't I stop smiling?

The thought of her having liked me for so long, sneaking peeks, being overly conscious of me — desiring me for so long is sending my mind into a spiral.

I peek over at her, her eyes down at the pillow she's holding to her chest. Her mind seeming to be someplace else.

She could've moved on, but instead still decided to try to reach me. The me who never let anyone in.

"I'll have to repay you somehow," I mutter.

"Repay me?" she asks, looking over at me. Her eyes causing me to freeze.

I let out a chuckle. "Ah, it's nothing."

Thank you for loving me, Isa.

This time, I'll be the one loving you. My feelings will reach you, and for all those days where you thought your love was hopeless I'll make up for it all. Starting now.