Celebration

After his massive day on Tuesday, Monty used the rest of the week's days to chill, work on his project and occasionally socialise with the new friends he made. He remembered what Freddy had done for him that night and it wouldn't leave his mind. 'Ugh I have to stay focused. For Chica,' he thought. It was currently Saturday, the day Chica had promised to ask Roxy out after taking her out. Monty wanted to be there for her just in case things went south and she needed someone to talk to. Chica had told practically everyone about her plan to ask the silver wolf out and everybody fully supported the idea, in fact Freddy even pitched in to help pay the expenses of the dinner. Currently they were all hanging out in the practice room, some playing an instrument and the others just conversing.

"Do you think Chica will be okay? What if Roxy says no?" Freddy worried the gator as he strummed his bass whilst sitting. Monty looked over to the bear, he was wearing sky blue jean shorts and a similarly coloured top. "Ya worry too much, I'm sure once they are back Chica and Roxy will deliver good news to us," Monty said with optimism as he mindlessly continued plucking at the strings on his bass. Freddy smiled and nodded, "You are right, I am sure everything will go swimmingly." The gator stopped playing and put a hand on the bear's shoulder, "That's the spirit, now go practice with Bonnie and Foxy. You need to practice with them for your project." Freddy responded with a sad tone in his voice, "But then you will be alone." Monty chuckled and thought 'This damn bear is too nice for his own good.' He looked at Freddy and explained, "Don't be so dumb. I'll still be in the room, just practicing my own song." The bear hesitantly stood up and went over to his bandmates, engaging in conversation with them and starting to warm up for his vocals.

Monty leaned against the wall and stopped playing to listen to the others practice. Bonnie was really good at the bass, 'Almost as good as me,' he thought. Foxy shredded the drums, probably the best drummer he had ever heard. Freddy's voice was one of an angel, it could go so high and yet go so low at the same time. 'It's not fair he gets such a soothing voice,' Monty thought as a slight blush appeared on his face. After spending more time with Freddy and the others over these past couple of days, he became quite fond of them. Freddy would go out of his way to make sure he was okay. Monty remembered the note the bear had left for him on Tuesday, 'You probably only had breakfast today and you need to eat more!! So I brought back a couple slices of pizza for you! (Apologies, it's pizza again) Have a great night.' It made him unbelievably happy that someone cared for him and it wasn't just Freddy, they all cared. Roxy was always jokingly digging at him but always meant well. Chica was always so kind to him, showing him affection and giving him compliments whenever she could. Foxy was still mostly silent but both him and Monty had a mutual respect for one another. Bonnie became more friendly and the two would always throw friendly banter to each other, especially since they both played bass. Monty and Bonnie would have occasional stand offs and have a 'Battle Of Bassist' as they called it. In the end, they would both laugh it off and shake hands.

He let his mind wonder as the other three soothed him with their song, 'This shit is good for being unfinished,' he admitted. Monty was worried for Chica despite what he said earlier to Freddy, he too wondered how it was going. He shook his head and reassured himself that things were going to be fine. To get his mind off of this topic, he approached the others who were playing and joined to match their rhythm and beat. "Hey, you ain't part of our song," Bonnie said as he heard the extra bass kick in. The gator nodded and answered with a glum tone, "I know, jus' let me play ' kay." Normally the rabbit would respond with some form of sarcasm but noticed the tone in his voice and decided against it. Freddy stopped singing to turn to the gator and asked with clear concern "Are you okay?" Monty didn't want the others to worry, after all if they knew he was worrying about Chica then they would worry too. "S'fine, I'm fine. I just wanted to play with you guys," he said with a fake happy voice. The bear was not convinced however decided not to push any further and instead responded with a nod. The group continued to play, letting Monty's mind focus on the rhythm and beat of the sound they were creating in the room.