Chapter 1: In Her Way (Day 1: Onset)

Pico and Darnell were relaxing, catching up in a alleyway somewhere in Philly. It was Christmas time, the only signal being the occasional Christmas decoration, and slightly winter-ready clothes. Darnell was wearing a purple winter jacket with green arms, and had a yellow scarf on, to add to the festive season. He was wearing purple gloves, which made it hard to pick things up, but at least they matched his aesthetic. Pico was wearing a green hoodie, with green ear muffs, and a green scarf of his own, and red gloves, to add to the season. They both decided to not do much, and just relax together. They were talking about the past, reminiscing on memories, good and bad. Until eventually they got to the elephant in the room.

"So..." Darnell began. "Have the police found anything yet about those two? I'm still shocked about it..."

Pico sighed.

"Not a thing. It's been a week now since they poofed. Just... Gone. No trace."

"How the hell does someone just go missing?" Darnell asked. "And at damn Christmas too!"

"I know, man." Pico responded. "It's weird. But the police aren't doing shit. Especially with this... Virus thing going around... It's a damn shitshow."

"I just wish... We knew if they were dead or alive, at least." Darnell said. "I hope they're ok, wherever they are."

Pico nodded.

"Don't you boys know..."

"Huh?!"

"...That it's rude to talk about somebody who's listening?~"

"W-what the hell?!"

A shadowy figure was standing behind a dumpster. She seemed to be just a silhouette, despite the sun being out.

"Who are you?!" Darnell asked, grabbing his lighter.

"Come on, boys, you know me." She replied, not answering the question.

"Answer my friend, lady." Pico said, getting his gun out.

"Now that's not very nice." She teased.

"Wait... Girlfriend? Is that you?!"

The shadowy figure smiled, with a grin of hot pink teeth, arranged in a toothy smile.

"Well done, Pico. You get a gold star."

"What happened... Is this some kinda... Demon thing you got going on, cause I'm no style expert, and I'm not saying the whole "unsettling silhouette" isn't your style, but it isn't your style. So what's going on here?" Pico asked.

"Sure... Yeah... A demon thing... You know what would be nice? How about a song? We could all sing a song together. That sounds fun, right?" Girlfriend replied, dodging the question.

Pico and Darnell exchanged a glance, before shrugging.

"Uh... Sure... We aren't exactly busy." Pico replied.

Girlfriend's smile widened, and an equally unnerving eye flickered to life, illuminating her, but still, her body remained dark, while the other eye was presumably hidden by her hair.

"Perfect! I'll start us off!~"

As Girlfriend sang, Pico and Darnell quickly began to feel headaches setting in. Their eyes began to burn. They felt a feeling of dread, as they realised this was seriously dangerous. Realising the danger, Pico and Darnell quickly raised their guards, and began to retaliate, actually fighting back in song form. They felt like they were getting close to beating her, before the song ended. Pico felt a numb feeling in his hand, and looked down, realising in shock that the same black stuff from on Girlfriend was spreading on him, slowly, but surely.

"Oh don't worry about that." Girlfriend replied. "You won't feel a thing."

"What is this stuff?! Get it off!!" Pico yelled.

Girlfriend giggled.

"It's a new look. One I'm sure you'll love, once it's over."

Darnell and Pico backed up, Pico reloading his gun.

"We ain't dying today, Girlfriend."

Pico fired a shot at Girlfriend, hitting her square in the face, causing the ooze to... Crack? And for her face to break off.

"Ow."

Girlfriend's face began to crack a bit more, covering about half her face, before bursting in a red light, splattering the ooze onto the floor. Where her face had cracked, now Girlfriend's normal face was visible again, and she looked terrified.

"Pico! Wait! Please, don't shoot!"

"No, I'm not falling for any shit."

"Please, it's really me! It's Girlfriend!"I

Pico's hand shook for a moment, but that was all it needed. The ooze quickly reformed over her face, and the glowing teeth and eyes returned, and now a set of spider-like legs were forming from her back.

"Shit, this is bad."