Chapter 6

He rarely met his brothers and sisters. He hardly ever left his reign and the others, well, they really didn't like the thought of being in the Underworld, a reign that most of them actually despised.

And it was ok. Family is not a real thing when you're a god, he never missed the other gods and goddesses.

"The lord of the Underworld, what an honor", exclaimed a female voice with a mocking tone.

"Athena, it's also a pleasure to see you."

It was never a pleasure to see her. Athena was beautiful, strong, smart, and she never missed the chance to remind others of all the qualities she had, but that was also the reason why he went to her.

He needed her brain.

"Why are you here, uncle? I know how much you hate everything, and everyone, that is not your reign and your dead souls."

" I need your help", saying those words wasn't easy, but he needed to.

He told her everything. How he saved a human from strigas, how that human was now stuck in the underworld after having eaten a pomegranate.

"Why?" she asked, once he told her everything.

"Why what?"

"Why do you care? I mean, aren't you the god of death? You saved him, from death, at first, and now you even care about saving him from your reign. Couldn't you let those creatures take him? Can't you just leave him there in the Underworld till he dies?"

"I'm the god of the Underworld and of the deads, not of death."

"As if there is a difference. You didn't answer my questions, why?"

He went to Athena because he trusted her brilliant mind, without thinking that because of her mind, she would have also asked lot of questions.

Questions that he was actually wondering himself. There was also no way to lie to her, so all he had to do was to be honest.

"I actually don't know," he just sighed.

"You don't know?"

"Yes, Athena, not everyone is like you, you know everything, i don't. As you said i'm just the god of death."

"You think i know everything? If it was like that, i'd know why you care about a human so much, am i right? Anyway, no, there is no way to send him back to his world. The law is the law."

" Gods broke the law lot of times."

"And it never ended up well, you know that. If a human eats something from your world, there is no way out of it.

He wasn't surprised but deep down he still thought that maybe the goddess would have found a solution.

"From your face, i can assume whoever you talked to didn't give you the answer you wanted", exclaimed Darab, as soon as he went back.

"Where is the human?"

" I remember humans need a bed, food, things like that. About the food, i managed to bring some from the humans' world, like a lot of food, since the veil is still a little bit open, and that boy eats a lot, you should have seen him eating a whole pork and then falling asleep like a kid."

"Falling asleep where?"

"Well...you know souls don't need a bed, you also don't need to sleep but you wanted a bed so bad after you saw the one that Odysseus made for his wife, that beautiful bed built using a tree, so you're actually the only one to have a bed here."

"You're telling me he's in my bed?"

"Yes, and welcome!" he answered, winking at him.

"He can't stay there, we need to find another place for him, since he...."