Chapter 3

Ryan's POV:

Adrielle, the only girl who can bring a smile to the faces of The Kingston Family now. She definitely inherited her witty and sarcastic nature from Amelia. Even though I liked Amelia when I first met her, deep down, I knew she was the perfect match for Christopher. She was one hell of a woman who could make any man kneel before her.

While I was deep in thought, I felt a tap on my shoulder and looked at Chris, who looked worried. "Hey man, did Elle sleep?" I asked, knowing it would take him some time to tell me what's really going on in his mind. "Yeah, she fell asleep the minute I started rocking her." Chris replied, deep in thought.

"What's wrong, Chris?" "You seem disturbed since we left the police station."

"It's Elle. She appears malnourished. When I picked her up, it felt as if she weighed nothing. I'm worried about her. She even flinches when someone approaches her. Do you think she was mistreated by her foster parents before?"

"Well, you're not wrong. I did notice those things as well, but we can't jump to any conclusions on our own. We'll have to talk to her and find out."

"I swear to the fucking Satan, I will murder whoever hurt my bambina." Chris gulps down the beer from the fridge in one gulp.

"Easy there, tiger. You have a child to handle." I chuckle as I say this. Chris gives me a smirk.

Christopher's POV:

It was almost an 8-hour flight, so I woke up my bambina after 4 hours, fed her some food, and she dozed off again. Looks like someone loves their beauty sleep. I chuckled at my thought and put her to bed once more. Ryan was checking some patient files, so I decided to start working. Though my eldest son handles the business, I try to assist him in any way I can. I understand the immense stress that comes with managing both, a mafia and a company.

While I was working, my phone started ringing, and it was my eldest son. Perfect timing.

"Good evening, son."

"Hey Dad, where are you? Why did my assistant tell me that you canceled all of your meetings scheduled for today?"

"An emergency had arisen that required my presence in New York."

"New York!? You travelled all the way to New York today?!"

"Yes, my dear son. I'll tell you everything at home, don't worry. "Please take care of your siblings for me and make sure to have your dinner soon."

"I will, Dad. Take care. See you soon."

Sebastian, always the most mature one among my sons.

His heart will finally be at peace when he sees his baby sister.

Adrielle's POV:

I woke up in the same room Dad had put me in when we arrived. I like him. He's sweet and attentive to me. I just hope he isn't like Master. I was bored, so I decided to go in search of my dad. Why is the door handle so high? Everything seems so tall and big in here; it's annoying at times.

I was able to open the door after several minutes of jumping and huffing. It gets tiring, okay!

The rooms are so big in here. While I was in awe of the sight of the plane's interior, at least that's what Dad called this flying ship. I felt someone pick me up, and it was none other than Ry-Ry. "Hi, lovebug. Did you sleep well?" I nodded, avoiding eye contact with Ry-Ry because Ma'am had told me that it is impolite to make direct eye contact with others. Ry-Ry lifted my chin and instructed me to look into his eyes while speaking to him. Adults are funny, indeed. They never seem to agree on anything! 

Ry-Ry and I were discussing the unique eating habits of unicorns, particularly their ability to eat tomatoes but not mushrooms, when I noticed Dad engrossed in his work on the laptop. I know what a laptop and a phone are since I've seen Master and Ma'am use and talk about upgrading their electronic gadgets.

I wriggled out of Ry-Ry's grasp and ran to my dad. He looked at me and smiled, setting his laptop aside. "Good evening, beautiful. Did you sleep well, bambina?" I gave him a shy nod, as I noticed Dad and Ry-Ry looking at me intently.

"We're going to land soon, baby. Would you like to freshen up and meet us here?" I replied with a quick "yes," and an air hostess was called to escort me to the washroom. She was really pretty and kind to me. She helped me and even allowed me to call her Liny when her actual name was Linda. Liny escorted me back to my seat and quickly fastened my seatbelt as we were about to land. I started to feel nervous.

Hello dear readers, as promised yesterday, here's part 3. I hope you enjoy reading this! Do let me know if you like individual POV's better or third person's POV. Stay tuned for part 4! Will update soon. 

XOXO,

V.V.