33

Milile pov:

Nqubeko and i have been dating for two months now. He has been such a gentleman, he buys me flowers almost daily and my lunch gets delivered every day. He fetches me from work sometimes, well whenever dad won't be able to.

Today is my day off and dad called a small family meeting and my biological mother will be here too apparently. I just came out of the shower when a slight knock comes through and mom walks in my room. Her belly is quite visible in that long dress she's wearing.

Me : "Hey mah." she smiles looking at me.

Mah : "Hey baby. I just came to talk to you." I nod.

Me : "Okay."

Mah : "You seem very light and happy these days baby and I'm happy to see that." I blush.

Me : "And it's all thanks to you mah, therapy seems yo be working very well actually." she smiles.

Mah : "Yes therapy and a man maybe?" I giggle

Me : "Oh no mah."

Mah : "Kanti I know Khanyi. I have seen you, you always on your phone blushing and whispering, the BMW uber that always drops you off when your father can't fetch you from work; the flowers; the sudden overconfidence nje. I see the changes baby and if this man is making you this halpy then I'm also happy babygirl. You are my youngest baby so i have to make sure you well all the time."

Me : "Thank you mama." i hug her.

Mah : "Hurry up so we can go join the others."

Me : "okay." I wear my shoes and follow mah out of my room. I settle next to Pule on the couch while mom takes a sit next to dad.

Dad : "Okay as everybody knows that we recently found out that Zamekile is actually my wife's sister, MaKhuluse decided to take a step and mend things with her daughter. Obviously that didn't take a day, it took them months to actually sit down and talk to each other." Mah throws a diabolical look at dad who then clears his throat.

Dad : "I called this meeting so we can discuss our issues and actually come forward about everything so we can peace in this family. I really don't want my son and future grandchildren have this kind of tension between them. I want Khanyisile's kids to acknowledge both her mothers as their grandmother including all her aunts. Mapule's kids too. So Zamo." he calls out to mah who stares at him.

Mah : "mmh"

Dad : "You and your sisters will listen to your mother, give her the chance to explain herself not that she has to but she wants to. Angifune kuzwa nimudelela, am i clear?" mah nods, together with her two sisters.

Zamekile : "Can i say something please."

Dad : "Go on." he says nodding. Zamekile turns to Mah

Zamekile : "Zamo. I really would like to apologise for my actions that almost destroyed your marriage. I am really sorry sis."

Mah : "It's okay. It's not like we were together with Menzi during that time. I forgive you. It would be unfair for me to be angry at you when uMenzi was the who married me. Menzi was in the wrong lana kakhulu, he owed me his honesty and not you so it's okay. I forgive you sis." she turns to me.

Zamekile : "Lile." she says softly making my eyes water up.

Me : "mmh?"

Zamekile : "I am really sorry for all the anguish i have ever caused you my baby. I am really sorry for even subjecting you to such a toxic environment. I'm sorry for always making it seem like I chose uBhulose when in actual fact, I did all that to gain his trust to be able to get what I had wanted from him. I am also sorry for killing your child, that will forever haunt me. I can never excuse myself for that cruelty my baby. " I wipe my tears.