The Storms of the Heart: Part 1

Author's Note: Hey guys. I finally edited this chapter because it wasn't very good before so maybe its better now? I hope it is! I won't know if it is unless YOU guys comment! So, comment and tell me what you think about it!!

______________________________

I ran as fast as my legs could take me through the long and winding building. I was unaware of what was chasing me, but I figured it wasn't good. My breathing was heavy and by heart was beating like drums. I turned a sharp corner and tripped over a "wet floor" sign. I hit my head onto the ground with a loud thump, and suddenly I saw stars circling around my head. I tried blinking them away but suddenly, I saw darkness.

______________________________

I woke up in a dark room. I tried to scurry up to my feet, but in the process, I fell to the ground because there was a stabbing pain in my leg. I looked down to see what was wrong with it because of the unbearable pain but couldn't be a thing the the oblivious darkness.

I cursed to myself, but in a different language... What? I don't speak any other language than English. I brushed the thought away and started to feel around the cold, damp room when I finally found the door.

I slowly opened it, and it sucked me into a tube-like vortex. It felt as if all the air had left my lungs as the strong force suffocated me. Suddenly, I fell through an old, crumbled ceiling into a building that looked a lot like some sort of museum. I landed on both feet, surprisingly, my leg felt better than ever.

"Wow." I mumbled quietly to the emptiness of the room. I was alone... Talking to nothing.

I started to walk, looking around at the strange, yet familiar, displays. Every single on of them had wings or pointy ears or just odd looking creatures, surrounded by a forest. I started to wonder if a mythical creature museum was even real. If so, I was pretty sure I was in one.

Hello, my name is Elana Warner and I don't know what I am, yet soon, or eventaully, I will find out.

_______________________________

I walked hopelessly around the huge museum, not knowing where the heck I was besides that I was in an old Mythical Creature museum. Everywhere I looked, I couldn't find the way out of the museum.

Several hours later, I finally found a door. I ran to it, opening it hastily, inhaling the fresh air as a soft breeze brushed against my cheeks like a white, fluffy cloud. I looked up towards the sky as stars stared down looking like millions of sparkly diamonds in the sky and the moonlight lit up my face.

I heard a bird coming from the west, so I turned that way just as it dropped a breyer knife into my hands. I scanned the knife, looking it over as I was interrupted by a deep, threatening growl behind me.

I slowly turned around. Standing before me was a monstrous dog as big as a horse. I stood there in fear, just looking at it. I quickly stepped forward and with all my might, threw the knife at the creature. The knife soared through the air hitting the monstrous beast in the chest. It roared in horrible pain and fell to the ground, dead.

How did I just kill that? Me? I was too stunned to move. A couple moments later, I fainted.

_______________________________

The next time I woke up, I was in my room with a massive headache. The bright sun shone onto my black and turquoise walls lightening my room. It was a beautiful day. I laid there peacefully with a small smile on my face, until I remembered the night before.

Was it just a dream? Was my frightening, shocking night a dream?

My mum tapped lightly on my bedroom door interrupting my thoughts. She walked in with a cheerful smile tugging on her lips carrying a wooden tray of pancakes, bacon, and eggs. "Happy birthday, darling." she said in her sweet voice. I had totally forgotten. Today was my 17th birthday.

"Thanks, mum." I smiled back. She laid the delicious-looking tray of food on my dresser and walked out. I suddenly had a horrible urge to go into the forest. I got all sweaty and had trouble breathing, so I quickly got out of bed, skipping my breakfast until I returned, and grabbed my boots and jacket.

When I got outside, I was a gorgeous day. The sun hit my face, warming my rosy cheeks. I walked directly into the forest and it felt like weights had been lifted off my shoulders. I felt so powerful, yet so small.

Suddenly, I felt something warm on my wrist. I looked down and was shocked. A glowing moon and stars were on my left wrist where my veins were.

"Oh my gosh. What's happening?" I cried in a hushed whisper.

I started to run, deeper and deeper into the forest. The trees were blocking the sun making the forest darker and chilly. A small breeze sent shivers down my spine so I pulled my jacket closer to my body, pulling the hood up onto my head to shield my neck from the cold breeze.

I stopped, dead in my tracks, at a path of trees. Curious, I stepped up the the first tree on the right and walked into the damp tree and out the other side.