Chapter three 🩵

I'm still looking at Mattheo, kind of confused, my brows furrowed, why would he be here? He obviously knows I'm staring at him, yet he doesn't even spare me a glance. "Walker" he sighs.

"Why are you here?" I ask, the confusion is now replaced back with the hatred I feel for him.

"I'm in this class, is there a problem?" His jaw clenches as if he's mad, still doesn't look back at me.

I watch him for a few long seconds and then I answer. "This class is Care Of Magical Creatures." I say as if this answers his question and I look back at professor Hagrid's direction.

"So?" Now it's Mattheo's turn to look at me.

"So how would you care for magical creatures if you don't care about anyone but yourself ?" I don't want to look back at him, but for some reason, I do. I look at him, straight into his eyes, his very dark eyes, are his eyes black? Like nearly black maybe? And here I thought my brown eyes were dark.

I automatically tilt my head and narrow my eyes just a little bit, as if I'm trying to find something, in his eyes- what is wrong with me.

I didn't even notice that all the students are going towards the forest and we're almost the last ones left, "Like I said, we will take it easy today, jus walk inter the forest an' check how many creatures you can recognize! Try not ter get los' please!" Hagrid shouts so even the students that are already gone can hear him.

I start to walk away from Mattheo in order to join all the other students in the forest, and suddenly he grabs my wrist, hard. "What the hell Riddle? Let go of me!" I try to pull my hand but it only makes him fasten his grip, so now we're close to each other, way too close.

"You know.." he mutters, the back of his finger touching my face. "Maybe in another world.." his finger travels to my cheek, then my jaw. "We could have been friends, or maybe.." I'm starting to breathe harder when his finger slides down to my neck, touches the collar of my white buttoned shirt. His eyes follow the movement of his hand as it moves downwards, to my chest, "Maybe we could have been more than friends.."

I slap his hand with my free one just as it brushes my right nipple , I get chills for a second, and now I'm irritated by him, "No version of me would want to be friends with you, ever. Got it?"

As if he completely ignores from what I said, he takes hold of my neck, and draws me closer to his face so we're just inches away. I can feel his thumb caressing the side of my throat, just below my ear and it makes me hot in all the wrong places, I swallow hard.

"It's a shame you're such a brat, and a mudblood, tragic really." He says in displeasure and gives my neck a squeeze.

"Fuck you, Mattheo" I answer, breathless and not because he's chocking me, but because I like it. I would never make it visible though. He can never know.

"Oh believe me, Walker, I wish you could." He maintains eye contact for a few seconds, then glances at my lips. The look on his face is... regretful, he probably can't believe he just said that, that makes two of us.

A second later he releases me and turns to get back to the castle. I have the sudden urge to skip the class and to take a line of the muggle drug that I like . I close my eyes and shake my head, you're not doing this again, you don't need it, you're fine.